Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

valet parking....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i hate valet parking, especially some restaurants that have a valet when i can easily park myself. how do you handle the conversation when you ask to self park (even in the back of the lot) and the valet refuses... i'm never too keen on given someone my car and getting a piece of paper stating they are not liable for anything they do.

so i hate valet parking, especially some restaurants that have a valet when i can easily park myself. how do you handle the conversation when you ask to self park (even in the back of the lot) and the valet refuses... i'm never too keen on given someone my car and getting a piece of paper stating they are not liable for anything they do.

Park nearby and uber there and back I guess

Depending on the car being parked and the establishment I'm visiting, I'll either 1) trust them to do it, 2) park it myself somewhere nearby and walk, or 3) choose to bring my business elsewhere that is more accommodating.

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte
Easy, you start with $$$ and if they still deny, assume that it's a liability issue and you have no option. Oh, if they make you sign something that says they are liable, it shouldn't be enforceable. Just like trucks that post "Not liable for rocks falling from truck" on the back. They are indeed liable.
Don't forget that in many restaurants, your probably isn't the most expensive car there.