Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vampire drain on vacation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model S refresh. It’s at 125 miles and I don’t have a way to plug it in. Any concern with going on a 6-day vacation? I’m concerned I will come back and it will be at 0; don’t know what the daily drain is. Thanks!

I have a 2022 Model S refresh. It’s at 125 miles and I don’t have a way to plug it in. Any concern with going on a 6-day vacation? I’m concerned I will come back and it will be at 0; don’t know what the daily drain is. Thanks!
6 days should still be fine even if all of the bad energy sucking stuff is on, but there are two main things to make sure are off which will then make it fine for several weeks at a time:
1. Sentry mode
2. Summon standby

These will keep the car in an awake state where it can't go into a low power "sleep" kind of level. So with them turned off, the power loss should be really low, like maybe 1% every few days or per week. And I do think the car interface could use a bit more user friendly single button for "Long term parking" or something, that would handle those settings together, rather than people having to find out what needs changing and go find each one.