Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to the Forum around 1pm toady. I counted 5 model 3s, 2 outside and 3 inside from what i could see from through the glass doors.
Here is pic of a black one going through the delivery inspection it looks like.
IMG_2373.JPG

And the 2 outside in a very empty parking lot. There was a black X charging in the back left there ... looked like a temporary super charging station with 2 bays.
IMG_0794.JPG

Here's my delivery experience for noon pick up today:

I was greeted by the Tesla gallery staff at the front desk who took me to the lounge area for snacks and refreshments.

20180603_124329.jpg

I was then greeted by another Tesla agent who took me to the back to see my car and let me have a once over. He spent about 15 minutes with me and provided me with a quick walk through of the exterior. He asked me to sit in the driver's seat to walk me through the interior features, spending most of the time on the touch panel functions. He also asked if I wanted him to stick on the license plate frame on the front of the Tesla, or if I would like to install it on my own later.

IMG-20180603-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20180603-WA0017.jpg

I was then directed to another Tesla representative who walked me through the contract, final pricing, and payment, which took less than 10 minutes.

I then met with the on-site insurance agent, who was from Perpetual Insurance Services in Richmond. He spent about 20 minutes with me to put together the insurance package. He let me choose from 2 standard and 4 park series license plates (I imagine you can ask him for more if you wanted to, but I didn't bother). You can then pay for the insurance with credit card.

By the time everything was done, the car was taken outside to the Forum parking lot waiting for me. I took the license plates to the front desk, and someone helped me install the plates. From there, I drove off and never looked back!

Overall, the experience was decent, but it felt like I kept getting transferred to a different person with each step of the process. The entire process could be a bit more streamlined with fewer people involved.

I was greeted by the Tesla gallery staff at the front desk who took me to the lounge area for snacks and refreshments.

View attachment 306317

I was then greeted by another Tesla agent who took me to the back to see my car and let me have a once over. He spent about 15 minutes with me and provided me with a quick walk through of the exterior. He asked me to sit in the driver's seat to walk me through the interior features, spending most of the time on the touch panel functions. He also asked if I wanted him to stick on the license plate frame on the front of the Tesla, or if I would like to install it on my own later.

View attachment 306316

View attachment 306318

I was then directed to another Tesla representative who walked me through the contract, final pricing, and payment, which took less than 10 minutes.

I then met with the on-site insurance agent, who was from Perpetual Insurance Services in Richmond. He spent about 20 minutes with me to put together the insurance package. He let me choose from 2 standard and 4 park series license plates (I imagine you can ask him for more if you wanted to, but I didn't bother). You can then pay for the insurance with credit card.

By the time everything was done, the car was taken outside to the Forum parking lot waiting for me. I took the license plates to the front desk, and someone helped me install the plates. From there, I drove off and never looked back!

Overall, the experience was decent, but it felt like I kept getting transferred to a different person with each step of the process. The entire process could be a bit more streamlined with fewer people involved.
Congratulations—your car is beautiful! Did you notice how many km were on the car when you picked it up?

View attachment 306317

View attachment 306316

View attachment 306318

Good to see that PNE isn't as chaotic as the Toronto delivery center. Hope they ironed out all the kinks by time I pick up on Saturday !

I then met with the on-site insurance agent, who was from Perpetual Insurance Services in Richmond. He spent about 20 minutes with me to put together the insurance package.

Does ICBC have the model 3 in the system now? I recall reading a post that it wasn't and that they might get a refund for the difference once it's setup properly.

Feel bad for those that have been delayed. However, I received a call last night saying my car was in town waiting for me. Tesla moved my delivery date up from June 9 until today (June 4). So after work, the wife an I are heading over to the PNE to get everything sorted. Haven't really been too excited until just now.

Hope to see you all on the road - I'll send an update on how my delivery goes either tonight or tomorrow morning.