Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to hear
Did they say how many days it will take to fix?

Carpet will be this Thursday, I asked if that could be fixed first because I need to install the car seat. The first week of Oct is when the body shop will repaint the side skirts with the bubbles and chips on the rear bumper. I assume the bottom plastics with the scraps and tail light will be replaced then too, but I'll ask on Thursday.

I got estimates from 2 contractors in Tesla's list, TDL and Fowlstone. I end up going with Fowlstone because their quote for the same kind of job is cheaper. It is about 1.7K (including tax, Tesla Wall Connector purchased separately on my own) to run extension from dryer circuit to the garage. Because I have a full wall breaker and I do not need the max possible amp charting speed so sharing with dryer is fine by us, the setup automatically shuts off wall connector when dryer is on.

What did they use to handle the automatic shut off?

Carpet will be this Thursday, I asked if that could be fixed first because I need to install the car seat. The first week of Oct is when the body shop will repaint the side skirts with the bubbles and chips on the rear bumper. I assume the bottom plastics with the scraps and tail light will be replaced then too, but I'll ask on Thursday.

Load miser. Correction one of the contractor I got a quote from was TDR, not TDL

• Informative
Reactions: phtp

Was the paint so bad that you really needed to repaint? I got some tiny dust particles in my rear bumper as well, but I would prefer to keep the factory paint.

Was the paint so bad that you really needed to repaint? I got some tiny dust particles in my rear bumper as well, but I would prefer to keep the factory paint.
Runs and what appears to be solvent pop on the side skirt. The black spec (on driver side rear door panel) and lint (on A Pillar) under the clearcoat I don't care so much and rather they not do anything with it.

Attachments

• b) Airbubbles on side skirt.jpg
    b) Airbubbles on side skirt.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 83
  • b) Airbubbles on side skirt-2.jpg
    b) Airbubbles on side skirt-2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 65
  • c) Black dust under clearcoat.jpg
    c) Black dust under clearcoat.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 71
  • c) Lint or hair under clearcoat.jpg
    c) Lint or hair under clearcoat.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 70
Runs and what appears to be solvent pop on the side skirt. The black spec (on driver side rear door panel) and lint (on A Pillar) under the clearcoat I don't care so much and rather they not do anything with it.

Here are my problems. All on the rear bumper. I'm a perfectionist, but I don't think anything can really be done without repainting the entire bumper. The panels at the front of the car seemed a bit mashed together unevenly, and one headlight stuck out slightly more than the other, but most people wouldn't notice these.

Slight crack in the paint.

fullsizeoutput_3e9c.jpeg

Dent in the paint. Very bottom of rear bumper.

RuGWkl4HSN6NXzoBCiojnw.jpg

I got estimates from 2 contractors in Tesla's list, TDL and Fowlstone. I end up going with Fowlstone because their quote for the same kind of job is cheaper. It is about 1.7K (including tax, Tesla Wall Connector purchased separately on my own) to run extension from dryer circuit to the garage. Because I have a full wall breaker and I do not need the max possible amp charting speed so sharing with dryer is fine by us, the setup automatically shuts off wall connector when dryer is on.
damn,my neigbor is an electrician and charged me $100 (parts and labour included) to put a range outlet in my garage to use the included mobile charger.

Here are my problems. All on the rear bumper. I'm a perfectionist, but I don't think anything can really be done without repainting the entire bumper. The panels at the front of the car seemed a bit mashed together unevenly, and one headlight stuck out slightly more than the other, but most people wouldn't notice these.

Slight crack in the paint.

View attachment 333935

Dent in the paint. Very bottom of rear bumper.

View attachment 333936

Are they agreeing to repaint the bumper for you??

You look hard enough you’ll find something. And it’s pointless to care cause the second you drive it off the lot, you’ll get a rock chip

You look hard enough you’ll find something. And it’s pointless to care cause the second you drive it off the lot, you’ll get a rock chip

The specs yes, that's why I said I rather not have them touch it. Solvent pop and runs on the base are obvious. Also, my rear bumper has chips on the corners.

Attachments

• Passenger Side Rear Bumper.jpg
    Passenger Side Rear Bumper.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Driver side rear bumper.jpg
    Driver side rear bumper.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 74
The specs yes, that's why I said I rather not have them touch it. Solvent pop and runs on the base are obvious. Also, my rear bumper has chips on the corners.

Why don't you just put touch up paint on the corners. That way you can keep the factory paint. Even though touch up paint is ugly, it's right at the wheel well where it's not noticeable.

I have a tiny gash in the photo with the arrow. Ronnie at PH Solar asked if I wanted to repaint the bumper, but he said even when you repaint, there can be defects too. He showed me an example of a repaint in his shop with a spec of sand in the paint.

The gash bothers me, but at least it's still original paint and it matches the rest of the car. I'll see if I can ignore it.

Why don't you just put touch up paint on the corners. That way you can keep the factory paint. Even though touch up paint is ugly, it's right at the wheel well where it's not noticeable.

I have a tiny gash in the photo with the arrow. Ronnie at PH Solar asked if I wanted to repaint the bumper, but he said even when you repaint, there can be defects too. He showed me an example of a repaint in his shop with a spec of sand in the paint.

The gash bothers me, but at least it's still original paint and it matches the rest of the car. I'll see if I can ignore it.

That's my plan, but I'm having them do it or I can if they give me touch paint. Again the repaint is for the obvious paint defect with caved in dots. I do have concerns with repaint because the shop will most likely blend the clear somewhere and where clear gets blended, it might fade and cause an obvious line over time.

The front has lots of overspray, Ronnie pointed that out to me and suggested I take it back to Tesla. However, I was able to claybar it, spent 1-2 hours on the front end and it's good now.

For your gash, is it exposed? might want to touch it up with something otherwise touchless car washes could chip the paint around that area. If you decide to ppf the rear too and remove it later, it could pull it off as well.

That's my plan, but I'm having them do it or I can if they give me touch paint. Again the repaint is for the obvious paint defect with caved in dots. I do have concerns with repaint because the shop will most likely blend the clear somewhere and where clear gets blended, it might fade and cause an obvious line over time.

The front has lots of overspray, Ronnie pointed that out to me and suggested I take it back to Tesla. However, I was able to claybar it, spent 1-2 hours on the front end and it's good now.

For your gash, is it exposed? might want to touch it up with something otherwise touchless car washes could chip the paint around that area. If you decide to ppf the rear too and remove it later, it could pull it off as well.

Ronnie is freaking amazing. He spotted defects in one second that I couldn’t find after checking my car two or three times. When Ronnie saw my raised scratch on the rear bumper, he had this huge reaction. But he’s a big proponent of maintaining factory paint, and he said the quality of the repaint isn’t guaranteed because it may have defects as well. I’m torn. Problem with touch up paint is that it creates a bulge under XPEL, and that is visible as well.

003ABCDB-01C3-4776-805F-E1635A71D7F1.jpeg