Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick question for you guys..

Apparently it looks like customers can get about $3000 discount on a M3 LR RWD that is ready to take delivery ASAP.

The inventory vehicles only have HW 2.5 instead of 3.0. I won't personally buy FSD just yet, because I don't think it would be that worth while for me.

What would you do?

Wait for the SR+ with HW 3.0 (probably for another 3~4 weeks, ordered white / white on May 10th) even though you won't be purchasing FSD or take delivery on LR RWD with HW 2.5 this Saturday (21st).

I wonder whether AP will be affected greatly by the upgrade to HW 3.0 from 2.5.

I chose to get the LR RWD with HW2.5. I picked up my car 4 days after ordering it! My car was $3k discounted which, to me, is close enough to the Federal rebate and having the extra range is worth the $2k.
I am sure that once FSD is available, it will be offered at a discount to all owners who didn't purchase it beforehand. It's being offered today at the same price as new orders. I also read somewhere that Tesla has said they'll do the retrofit to HW3 for nothing for all who buy FSD. Time will tell if that's true, but getting the LR RWD, the discount and immediate pick up was worth it to me.

I don't even have my car yet and already up over $1000.. roof rack was a pricey one.

I don't even have a VIN yet and I've already shelled out for new set of wheels/tires ($1k x 4)!

One weenie question that I spotted in one of these threads, but not sure if it applied to BC. Apparently, Tesla is too busy to swap plates and you have to get a new one? Is that true in BC? I have a non-personalized plate that I've carted around with me for the past few cars and want to keep it. Can't imagine that's an issue here in BC (with one insurer?).

Things seem to be clicking along rather nicely, for me anyways. Ordered in the Vancouver store May 2 MCR, 19" sport wheels, black interior and no FSD. Scheduled for appointment came about a week ago for May 29, Power St. Gave a call yesterday to the 888 51TESLA number to find out I have a VIN, and today the VIN has showed up on my account. So what could go wrong?

Things seem to be clicking along rather nicely, for me anyways. Ordered in the Vancouver store May 2 MCR, 19" sport wheels, black interior and no FSD. Scheduled for appointment came about a week ago for May 29, Power St. Gave a call yesterday to the 888 51TESLA number to find out I have a VIN, and today the VIN has showed up on my account. So what could go wrong?

Got my fingers crossed for ya!

did they already give you a vehicle purchase agreement with amount payable?

We ordered on May 5th and that same week we got all the info on our account under completed tasks. We haven't received any phone calls, emails or paperwork from either Tesla or the Vancouver dealership. We were told we will receive all the paperwork when we pick up our Model 3 and to expect a 2-3 hour appointment time for our delivery.

We ordered on May 5th and that same week we got all the info on our account under completed tasks. We haven't received any phone calls, emails or paperwork from either Tesla or the Vancouver dealership. We were told we will receive all the paperwork when we pick up our Model 3 and to expect a 2-3 hour appointment time for our delivery.
I don’t get how that works. I need to order my bank draft ahead of time, and they don’t accept cash or personal cheque to top up the payment if necessary (they told me this on the phone). I assume that the vehicle purchase agreement? They also said someone from delivery location would contact me the exact amount owing closer to delivery.

I don’t get how that works. I need to order my bank draft ahead of time, and they don’t accept cash or personal cheque to top up the payment if necessary (they told me this on the phone). I assume that the vehicle purchase agreement? They also said someone from delivery location would contact me the exact amount owing closer to delivery.

We called BCAA about insurance and they have the paperwork set up on our file, we were approved by Scotiabank and I was people are on site to deal with all the paperwork and Tesla contract when we arrive. I don't quite understand either but the more I read about people's experience with buying a Tesla the more I see that it is an unusual exchange compared to other dealerships.

We called BCAA about insurance and they have the paperwork set up on our file, we were approved by Scotiabank and I was people are on site to deal with all the paperwork and Tesla contract when we arrive. I don't quite understand either but the more I read about people's experience with buying a Tesla the more I see that it is an unusual exchange compared to other dealerships.

That was my experience as well. I had to write a cheque (good that I brought one) to pay off the difference. I think it was related to finance fee and other small amounts. But it's a bit of hassle not knowing exact amount when you're picking up the car. The online purchase agreement document was updated later to show the exact amount.

LOL.. you will regardless!

I don't even have my car yet and already up over $1000.. roof rack was a pricey one.

Yeah! Luckily our house was wired correctly. We just need to change breaker AMP and add a 240V outlet. The charger is free from a rebate program from ChargePoint. My bro bought a M3 in Seattle (3 days delivery). We already planned to spend $700 to protect the car with front bumper 3M, rocker panel 3M, mud guard, interior console wraps, glass protector (just incase a dumbass hit the screen). I am looking to do a moderate lowering and add a chrome rear molding.

Gotta differentiate from all the other M3 out there in the same parking lot.

Yours is probably a more effective strategy than mine. I told the sales person to knock $81 off the purchase price and I'll buy a blank sheet of paper blessed by Elon for $200. That way, Tesla comes out $119 ahead ($200 - $81), and I come out $350 on the plus side. Apparently, no dice as they "set the prices for the entire country".

PS: I emailed Tesla two weeks ago just asking WHAT the final price would be (as West Van told me something different than Robson), but no response.

I am going to get the message out to Electrek too. One tweet from them is worth more than 100 phone calls.

The VIN just showed up on my account today, it was the same as the one they gave me over the phone. I've been trying to call them periodically today to ask about payment with no luck. Either it keeps ringing or it hangs up on me.

Ordered: May 2
Scheduled delivery: May 29th
VIN: May 22
No phone calls / e-mails
Model 3 SR+ Aero MSM

Last edited:
I've been trying to call them periodically today to ask about payment with no luck. Either it keeps ringing or it hangs up on me.

The last time I spoke with some one (last week) I was told they are so swamped with orders that they are stretched thin. The person told me they now have about a thousand Teslas delivered weekly.

What I was told may be exaggerated who knows but that would explain the lack of communication.