Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit long but to give people an idea my experience today was terrible but definitely not the worst. It took almost 3 hours to get out of there. The paper work really only took 30-40 minutes and that includes transferring over existing insurance and then we looked over the car for another 20-30 minutes. We lost 2 hours because we were 30 minutes early (which Tesla suggested) and then the person who was supposed to go over the paper work with us went on break and didn’t tell anyone. We waited about 45 minutes before they could get someone and I believe if the manager didn’t end up taking care of us we may still be there! He over heard reception admit they screwed up and we were lost in the queue. We then had to wait for the car to be brought over which took another 20 or so minutes. All that being said there was a fellow who arrived before us and was still waiting for his car to arrive after we left and a few others in the same boat where they were given the run around. Luckily there wasn’t anything wrong with my car other than tons of glue or marks from poor cleaning that came off with a microfibre cloth.

• Informative
Reactions: TomLee
I took delivery yesterday. Everything seemed smooth and they were not super busy when we reached (30 mins late from our scheduled time :). Little surprised that car has no USB cables.

Does anyone know how to start the trial for FSD?

PSA: We got a call saying to aim to be there 15 minutes early to find parking, as they no longer have parking available underground at the West 4th location.

I'm not from the area, can anyone recommend parking nearby?

EDIT: Also, does anyone happen to know if they allow you to bring small dogs inside? I don't really want to leave him parked in a lot somewhere.

Last edited:
Do they let you inspect the vehicle before you make the final payment?

I did zero at signing, so my situation was slightly different. But long answer short...no. Paperwork is done and then had to wait for the car to arrive at W 4th. Full write up below:

1. West 4th was a madhouse at 4:30, they have people running around everywhere but the whole paperwork portion was actually pretty efficient.
2. Speaking of paperwork, I traded in a car and the ICBC agent absolutely rushed me through the process. I'm going to look at optional through BCAA, but don't expect them to do anything that will end up taking more time. The message was very much, "Let's just get this done and you can deal with everything after you've left."
3. The longest part, which others have mentioned, was waiting for the car. It wasn't on site and they had people ferrying the cars over to W 4th from another lot. That took awhile...I actually told my fiance that felt like the longest part of the day - despite having to work a full day knowing I'd be getting my car that night.
4. When the car finally arrived, the gent that helped me seemed totally fried by that point. Quickly went over the "basics" while I checked out the car...which was in perfect condition (Black/black SR+ and aeros)
5. The drive home. Honestly guys, when other people on the forum tell you, "all the waiting is worth it once you get behind the wheel for the first time" trust them. I was smiling all the way back to Burnaby in awe. The wait was finally over.

Bad news...I left for Washington DC this morning, so I only got a few hours with her last night.

Reactions: 9-Volt and Vawlkus
I did zero at signing, so my situation was slightly different. But long answer short...no. Paperwork is done and then had to wait for the car to arrive at W 4th. Full write up below:

1. West 4th was a madhouse at 4:30, they have people running around everywhere but the whole paperwork portion was actually pretty efficient.
2. Speaking of paperwork, I traded in a car and the ICBC agent absolutely rushed me through the process. I'm going to look at optional through BCAA, but don't expect them to do anything that will end up taking more time. The message was very much, "Let's just get this done and you can deal with everything after you've left."
3. The longest part, which others have mentioned, was waiting for the car. It wasn't on site and they had people ferrying the cars over to W 4th from another lot. That took awhile...I actually told my fiance that felt like the longest part of the day - despite having to work a full day knowing I'd be getting my car that night.
4. When the car finally arrived, the gent that helped me seemed totally fried by that point. Quickly went over the "basics" while I checked out the car...which was in perfect condition (Black/black SR+ and aeros)
5. The drive home. Honestly guys, when other people on the forum tell you, "all the waiting is worth it once you get behind the wheel for the first time" trust them. I was smiling all the way back to Burnaby in awe. The wait was finally over.

Bad news...I left for Washington DC this morning, so I only got a few hours with her last night.
Awesome man. Enjoy the ride. Can't wait for my M3 pickup next Friday. BTW, just got my VIN and MVPA online today. I hope the delivery hassles get cleared up soon.

picking up sunday morning - got call yesterday afternoon. pretty sure they reserved the BC EV in advance already and are not processing as they deliver. will update you guys on the experience. bringing my buddy who is auto detailer/mechanic to inspect car prior to delivery.. bringing checklist and flashlights

For all took the delivery recently, or the guys already confirmed this with their DA, what payment method do you use for your down payment? Reason I'm asking is that I'm planning to increase my down payment (~10k) and give them a bank draft on delivery day. However, no one answers my phone right now and I don't even know who should I write the bank draft to. The bank said I need the exact name, complete address and the phone # so they can do the bank draft. AND today is the last day I can guarantee to get a bank draft by then. Can somebody let me know who should I wrote the bank draft to? Or is it possible to use other method of payment?

For all took the delivery recently, or the guys already confirmed this with their DA, what payment method do you use for your down payment? Reason I'm asking is that I'm planning to increase my down payment (~10k) and give them a bank draft on delivery day. However, no one answers my phone right now and I don't even know who should I write the bank draft to. The bank said I need the exact name, complete address and the phone # so they can do the bank draft. AND today is the last day I can guarantee to get a bank draft by then. Can somebody let me know who should I wrote the bank draft to? Or is it possible to use other method of payment?

Just addressed to Tesla Motors Canada ULC.

Picked up my blue on black SR+ today at West 4th location. Arrived 5 minutes early, about a dozen people in the main reception area. Friendly greeting, then young guy comes over to run through the papers. Took about 10 minutes to sign everything, then ICBC guy comes over and is very friendly and lots of practical advice. Both guys say they are pushing 90 cars out the door today. Insurance takes about 20 minutes. Then I'm sent downstairs in the elevator to be greeted by more friendly folk, they take my plates and insurance and tell me where my car is. I go over to the spot and fall in love! Car is open so I spent about 15 minutes looking it over, but hard to see anything clearly in dim lighting. I used my phone light for areas I wanted to inspect closely. Young lad comes over to show me the features. Gets me to sit in the car while he leans through the driver's window and rapidly lists them off - sets up my mirrors, wheel, didn't ask me to set a driver profile. Got my phone connected, and then said I could go if I didn't have any other questions. I changed the regen braking to low before I left just so I wouldn't be surprised by it on my first drive. Drove out and along 4th, down to UBC and around down to Richmond then back over to New West and Coquitlam. Put about 70km on it and only used about 15% of the battery level I started with. Halfway through I switched to standard regen and got used to just using the accelerator. Overall car is in spotless condition. I tested my home built extension cord from my dryer and it works nicely (I ordered the Nema 14-30 adapter weeks ago) and it gives me 6kW of charging. My BC Hydro smart meter monitor says that's about 60c an hour. I also bought a set of cheap rubber mats at Canadian Tire (Certified brand) for $30 and they fit ok (not adequate coverage for winter but fine for summer). Can't wait to drive some more tomorrow.
Thanks to all who contributed to this forum and helped educate me in the past 6 weeks.
IMG_8685.JPG

IMG_8689.JPG

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8702.JPG

IMG_8704.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8702.JPG
    IMG_8702.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I drove by there today asked what to do with my trade. Basically drive around back drop it off take elevator upstairs and sign in.
Sunday pickup so I stopped off where all the cars are stored and looked at all the white vins couldn’t find mine yet. Getting excited.

I tested my home built extension cord from my dryer and it works nicely (I ordered the Nema 14-30 adapter weeks ago) and it gives me 6kW of charging. My BC Hydro smart meter monitor says that's about 60c an hour. I also bought a set of cheap rubber mats at Canadian Tire (Certified brand) for $30 and they fit ok (not adequate coverage for winter but fine for summer).

I'm interested in your extension cord. Care to share where and what to get to build one? Did you have to buy that BC Hydro smart meter monitor?