Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be a little off topic but I’ll ask here anyways, I just ordered a model 3 and wanted 2 things. 1) Not remove the factory plastic on the outside and not have anyone wash the car( to avoid swirls and micro scratches as the car is black). 2) Have the dealer not drill holes into the bumper for the front license plate as I plan to put on a different type of bracket that doesn’t require holes. Who can I reach out to? My delivery is scheduled at the Powell street location.

1) it doesn't come shipped with any protection, one of the reasons imo people see chips in the paints.
2) Front plate bracket is held on by doublesided tape. Then plates are screwed onto it. I told not to put it on last year as I was going to wrap the front end, ICBC/Tesla made me sign a paper acknowledging that it's illegal to do so. With the volume now, I don't know if they can accommodate the request.

Similar to @9-Volt, I received an email confirming my appointment in the evening. The email also contained a MVPA (which was updated to my Tesla account earlier today).

Thanks for that.

I didn't get the info you did re: how to deal with the trade. Instead, I got a "Please forward us a copy of the Lien Release Letter" (this will be the third time I've done it, but I bet the first time anyone has looked at it).

My delivery estimate says 1 hour vs. 2, but the other estimates are the same (and add up to about an hour).

Maybe even less than 24 hours, since I tried to clarify the amount of the bank draft needed (I think there's a typo--too little) right after I received the email and have heard nothing back yet.

Frankly, I can't make heads or tails out of their form of purchase agreement--since it doesn't clearly indicate how the rebates are being applied (you have to independently know they come off the total purchase price + tax before trade-in)--but, for your peace of mind, your car was exactly $2k more than mine (sports wheels?), and your trade-in less. So, you paid $2k more for the car, and ~$5k more in taxes (which makes sense, because you got a bigger bump into the luxury tax bracket and I only paid tax (13%) on the net difference between the purchase price and my trade-in value). Your total credits is ~$7k more than mine, so that looks right. But, again, it's hard to reconcile the numbers.

Edited to add: I looked more closely at the email I received tonight and it sets out more clearly than the MVPA is. In the email, they show me as having made a $13,200 "downpayment", which is a better way to characterize it than in the MVPA (although weird to show "$0 due at signing" vs. "payment due", but it's better than how "downpayment" is used in the MVPA as referring to the amount owing! Anyway, in the email, downpayment shows as follows:

• $13,200 total downpayment - $3200 deposit - $5000 CEV rebate - $5000 iZEV rebate = $0 due at signing​

So I guess I should just manually deduct the 3200 deposit, 10k incentives, then $700 trade in from the final price it's saying on the MVPA and get a bank draft with that new number?

Also for bank drafts you can just go in and get one right away right? No processing days? I'm with TD. Thank you.

Thanks for that.

I didn't get the info you did re: how to deal with the trade. Instead, I got a "Please forward us a copy of the Lien Release Letter" (this will be the third time I've done it, but I bet the first time anyone has looked at it).

My delivery estimate says 1 hour vs. 2, but the other estimates are the same (and add up to about an hour).

My crappy toyota corolla is fully paid off, I guess I don't need a lien release letter?

So I guess I should just manually deduct the 3200 deposit, 10k incentives, then $700 trade in from the final price it's saying on the MVPA and get a bank draft with that new number?

I think you'll need them to generate the final price. For example, you'll save tax on the $700 trade-in value, which will reduce the net amount owing. If no one has called you, I'd give them a shout at (888) 518-3752 to get a copy of your MVPA.

Also for bank drafts you can just go in and get one right away right? No processing days? I'm with TD. Thank you.

I'm with TD and gave them a heads-up a couple of days in advance. Someone else said their bank needed 2 days. I think, if worse comes to worst, and you have the funds cleared and available to you in your account, you can probably march down to your branch (or another TD branch?) and have them certify your cheque on the spot. On my email it said either a bank draft or certified cheque.

My crappy toyota corolla is fully paid off, I guess I don't need a lien release letter?

I had paid mine off 2 weeks ago, but they were still showing a lien on it. I'm guessing if you paid yours off long ago, the lien will have either been released by the Bank or lapsed (by passage of time).

Please note a few key items:

- Insurance is handled at delivery, so please skip that section

- Delivery will take place at our Tesla location - 1636 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver BC V6J 1L9

- The delivery process takes around 2-3 hour (including paperwork signing, vehicle handover and insurance)

- Please review our vehicle orientation videos, located here, before delivery to familiarize yourself with your new Tesla. On delivery day we will provide a 5-10 minutes introduction of your new car and answer any questions you may have.

- Bank Draft or Bank Certified Cashiers Check made payable to: Tesla Motors Canada, ULC

• Informative
Reactions: blublu
I think you'll need them to generate the final price. For example, you'll save tax on the $700 trade-in value, which will reduce the net amount owing. If no one has called you, I'd give them a shout at (888) 518-3752 to get a copy of your MVPA.

I'm with TD and gave them a heads-up a couple of days in advance. Someone else said their bank needed 2 days. I think, if worse comes to worst, and you have the funds cleared and available to you in your account, you can probably march down to your branch (or another TD branch?) and have them certify your cheque on the spot. On my email it said either a bank draft or certified cheque.

I had paid mine off 2 weeks ago, but they were still showing a lien on it. I'm guessing if you paid yours off long ago, the lien will have either been released by the Bank or lapsed (by passage of time).
Thanks man.

I emailed my delivery agent and she literally called me back 10 minutes later and said she would fix the MVPA. I'm a bit surprised that she called me so soon. I'll go in to TD after work today to ask for a bank draft.

We're in the final stretch boys, hell ya!

A brief summary for the delivery. My appointment is 10:30am and arrived on time. Registered at the front desk, two nice guy there. Waited about 20min and meet with a DA who is actually the (vice) manager from the park royal store. Went through the document for about 20min. He had no problem with optional insurance with BCAA. However, when I deal with the ICBC ppl, he basically said no, you can’t drive outside the parking. Then I explain to him, he said, you can always buy full with ICBC and then switch to BCAA. He didn’t answer me how much that will cost me but gave me an quote for the optional. With exactly the same condition, his quote is $500+ more than BCAA. I think that’s a no-brainer for me. I called BCAA after getting the plate. After about 15 min long wait, I finally got connected with a grandpa. I appreciate he took care us, however, he basically went through everything again that we just went through with the ICBC guy. I thought it could be easier as I went through everything with local BCAA office last night. Anyway, when I finished BCAA part, it’s already 12pm. So guys, if you want to save some money on insurance, prepared to waste a lot of time here. Finally get down to the parking, inspected the car and it’s in perfect condition except it’s not clean. You can see water marks and everything. Black is really prone to finger print and dirt. So I decided to go to the Gleamworks to have a look. After I got home around two, I found a hairline of defect on my paint! I didn’t see that when I was in the parking lot so my mind is already decided to do the coating. Anyway, the roof is very good of blocking the heat. With 32c outside, I didn’t felt hot. Don’t know if it’s because of the tint or the AC.

• Informative
Reactions: 525SNAP
A brief summary for the delivery. My appointment is 10:30am and arrived on time. Registered at the front desk, two nice guy there. Waited about 20min and meet with a DA who is actually the (vice) manager from the park royal store. Went through the document for about 20min. He had no problem with optional insurance with BCAA. However, when I deal with the ICBC ppl, he basically said no, you can’t drive outside the parking. Then I explain to him, he said, you can always buy full with ICBC and then switch to BCAA. He didn’t answer me how much that will cost me but gave me an quote for the optional. With exactly the same condition, his quote is $500+ more than BCAA. I think that’s a no-brainer for me. I called BCAA after getting the plate. After about 15 min long wait, I finally got connected with a grandpa. I appreciate he took care us, however, he basically went through everything again that we just went through with the ICBC guy. I thought it could be easier as I went through everything with local BCAA office last night. Anyway, when I finished BCAA part, it’s already 12pm. So guys, if you want to save some money on insurance, prepared to waste a lot of time here. Finally get down to the parking, inspected the car and it’s in perfect condition except it’s not clean. You can see water marks and everything. Black is really prone to finger print and dirt. So I decided to go to the Gleamworks to have a look. After I got home around two, I found a hairline of defect on my paint! I didn’t see that when I was in the parking lot so my mind is already decided to do the coating. Anyway, the roof is very good of blocking the heat. With 32c outside, I didn’t felt hot. Don’t know if it’s because of the tint or the AC.
Thanks for the info! That's so weird though, my coworker said he didn't even get optionals when he bought his model 3 last year. He's brave for not getting optionals but he's still driving around without it. I'm wondering if the ICBC guy just wants more commission or something.

Can someone please clarify where Tesla Vancouver's current delivery location is? My Tesla account is showing delivery at the Powell St. location next Tuesday, but I thought that location was now closed and all traffic diverted to West 4th?

My only communication thus far has been with my Advisor at Park Royal. I received a text message saying it's tentatively scheduled for 3:30pm on Tuesday June 18, anyone know when I can expect a final confirmation? And there has been a discrepancy on the amount I want to have financed. I've been communicating back and forth with my Advisor, but no official change has been reflected on my Tesla account. Kind of unsure how late to leave it as I need to have the Bank Draft ready to go....

Can anyone provide me some advice? Thanks!

Look forward to joining the Model 3 club soon =)

Can someone please clarify where Tesla Vancouver's current delivery location is? My Tesla account is showing delivery at the Powell St. location next Tuesday, but I thought that location was now closed and all traffic diverted to West 4th?

My first communication from Tesla was email confirmed my noon appointment in June 14, two days from now. It also advised me (although I already knew) the delivery location is 1636 W. 4th Ave.

(My Tesla account still shows the Powell St. address.)

My only communication thus far has been with my Advisor at Park Royal. I received a text message saying it's tentatively scheduled for 3:30pm on Tuesday June 18, anyone know when I can expect a final confirmation? And there has been a discrepancy on the amount I want to have financed. I've been communicating back and forth with my Advisor, but no official change has been reflected on my Tesla account. Kind of unsure how late to leave it as I need to have the Bank Draft ready to go....

Can anyone provide me some advice? Thanks!

Look forward to joining the Model 3 club soon =)

Finally home! It took 3 and half hours to get my car.

(As per my delivery email)
You are picking up your car at:
1636 W 4th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6J 1L9

You should be receiving a call (from Vegas or Vancouver) and email confirming your appointment exactly 1-3 days before the delivery day.

Amounts on your account will also get update 1-3 days before the delivery.

Congrats! how was the experience for you?

Thank you!

My experience was a good, other than the waiting game with many others in the waiting hall.

Process:

1) Check-in at the entrance
2) Wait in the waiting Hall
3) Tesla representative will call your name and you walk with them to an open waiting room to verify all your info (financing/ car and other details - which already have access to through MVPA or contract)
4) Insurance kicks in, I had to get basic and 3rd party/comprehensive from ICBC, though you have a private insurance (cancelled my 3rd party etc insurance at 8:30pm near my home)
5) Go back and wait for ages
6) One more Tesla representative will call you name and you will be directed to the underground parking
7) One person from Tesla will help you giving you a basic overview of the vechile.
8) Wait for your number plates to be installed
9) During this time walk around your car and find any scratches or paint corrections
10) Try touching the surface of the across to feel any defects (I found 1 bad paint job, but was fixed instantly)