Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver on 4th... charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an appointment tomorrow at the Vancouver store on 4th. I'm coming from out of town and the car says it'll arrive with 16% charge... not enough for me to get home. I'm assuming they can charge my car while it is being serviced, but I'm not sure I should be assuming. Anyone know for sure? It's an all day appointment. Thx

I got home last night. They did charge it. I thought they'd have superchargers there. I mean, they have dozens of cars coming in and out I'd figure they'd *need* the ability to rapid charge. But they seemed to have a single (?) 40A. Anyway, they got mine on it and it charged all day and I left there with 90% so no problem at all.

Surprisingly, they got through my entire list of issues. I had one significant problem that recently self-resolved but they wanted to replace it anyway (driver door misbehaving) and I had about 15 other minor things. They told me they'd do an all day appointment to go through and fix what they could, but expected to have me back at some point in the future. Instead they got it all "done".

I put "done" in quotes because my 2nd biggest complaint was addressed, but not resolved. I have considerable wind noise out of the passenger side at higher speeds. They said they found the gap and adjusted it, but on the drive home it was no better.

Overall, very pleased with their response and service.

Reactions: Paul Carter
I got home last night. They did charge it. I thought they'd have superchargers there. I mean, they have dozens of cars coming in and out I'd figure they'd *need* the ability to rapid charge. But they seemed to have a single (?) 40A. Anyway, they got mine on it and it charged all day and I left there with 90% so no problem at all.

Surprisingly, they got through my entire list of issues. I had one significant problem that recently self-resolved but they wanted to replace it anyway (driver door misbehaving) and I had about 15 other minor things. They told me they'd do an all day appointment to go through and fix what they could, but expected to have me back at some point in the future. Instead they got it all "done".

I put "done" in quotes because my 2nd biggest complaint was addressed, but not resolved. I have considerable wind noise out of the passenger side at higher speeds. They said they found the gap and adjusted it, but on the drive home it was no better.

Overall, very pleased with their response and service.
That is interesting. I have had Vancouver Supercharge my car before. So maybe it was just busy.

That is interesting. I have had Vancouver Supercharge my car before. So maybe it was just busy.

I would be very surprised if that was the case. I've seen the shop area and never seen one so it must be hidden away if there's one there.

But they seemed to have a single (?) 40A.

Only a single 40 amp? That would also surprise me. I'm certain they have a few 80 amp HPWC's but again I could be wrong. I will ask next time I am there though. The old Powell Street had 80 amps HPWCs. I can't imagine the new location does not.

I would be very surprised if that was the case. I've seen the shop area and never seen one so it must be hidden away if there's one there.

Only a single 40 amp? That would also surprise me. I'm certain they have a few 80 amp HPWC's but again I could be wrong. I will ask next time I am there though. The old Powell Street had 80 amps HPWCs. I can't imagine the new location does not.
When I was waiting in the service centre I checked my App and it said "Supercharging". We also have one in the Calgary service centre.
They are just large white boxes. They don't look like the public ones.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Interesting. They always disconnect the app, and my dash cam, and don't reconnect them whenever mine goes in. I have to go into settings to get the app back online.
same here, re: mobile access disable and dashcam disconnect when in for service. I've been to the Fir St SC several times and they've never charged my car while it's been in for routine service - although they did charge it once when they had it for several days for a DU replacement. However I'm local and don't expect them to charge it. Maybe they routinely do it for out-of-town owners

FYI the underground parkade at Fir St Service Centre has two or three HPWC right there on the first level of the parkade as you come in, normally I assume it's for charging test-drive cars. No Supercharger I've ever seen there unless hidden in the service bays*

*edit: btw they did forget one time to unplug my dashcam while car was in for service, so I did get an glimpse of some of the service bays. I didn't notice anything looking like a Supercharger cable or such, but did notice 1 or 2 of the cars in bays were plugged into UMC cables...

Last edited: