Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver to vancouver (via Lillooet)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting a model 3 SR+ and I love the drive from vancouver to whistler, pemberton, lillooet, lytton, hope, back to vancouver and thinking of that for a maiden voyage. I'd prefer not to charge in lillooet at the L2. better trip planner says to charge to 100% in whistler then arrive in hope around 100%. Has anyone done this trip??

Cheers

sorry that's arrive in hope with 10%!!

Anyone have experience charging at the whistler supercharger? I read that its' often ICE'd by the hotel.

I haven't checked on it since I actually got my 3, but last summer we stayed at the Fairmont and the spots were well underutilized. I'm sure in the summer you wouldn't have a problem since the hotel will rarely be at capacity - save for perhaps Crankworks.

I haven’t done the Duffy Lake Loop in a Tesla yet, but you may want to top up in Squamish incase spots are hard to come by at the Fairmont in Whistler for Supercharging. The Whistler Supercharger can be ICE’d according to Plugshare reviews and the Valets don’t really care if you need to charge or not. There are plenty of level 2 chargers around Whistler that you can utilize while having lunch or a walk around the Village.

The last thing you need is being ICE’d in Whistler and wishing you topped up in Squamish.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I'm getting a model 3 SR+ and I love the drive from vancouver to whistler, pemberton, lillooet, lytton, hope, back to vancouver and thinking of that for a maiden voyage. I'd prefer not to charge in lillooet at the L2. better trip planner says to charge to 100% in whistler then arrive in hope around 100%. Has anyone done this trip??

Cheers
Did you do it? How did it go? I want to do the same trip on my first weekend with SR+ but ending in hope with 10% seems tight. Should I do it?