Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver to Whistler Planning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been away from squamish for a while so i dont know the current state of chargers there other than the city hasnt installed theirs yet, curious if anyone would actually come use one if I installed it outside my motel in downtown squamish, since buying/operating it isnt free (cs90) im thinking a $5 flat rate, or free for guests.

curious if anyone would actually come use one if I installed it outside my motel in downtown squamish, since buying/operating it isnt free (cs90) im thinking a $5 flat rate, or free for guests.

Hi Vcanucks,
If you are near some restaurants, I for one would gladly pay $5 for charging with a cs90. We usually stop in squamish for food to/from Whister or garibaldi and since i only have a 60 it would be useful. Only go through a few times a year though...

...curious if anyone would actually come use one if I installed it outside my motel in downtown squamish, since buying/operating it isnt free (cs90) im thinking a $5 flat rate, or free for guests.

Several comments: Yes, I would use it too for $5.00 as a transient-- very fair policy, and I wish more hotels/motels would state this, and make their EVSE's accessible. But actually, having it there might draw me to stay at your place. I often drive up the evening before skiing, and if your rate was cheaper than Whistler, and your parking and charging were free, I might opt for that, and drive up to ski the next day.

Within a few years, I think it will become a competitive issue. For us already, with two Tesla's and lots of road-tripping, we search out and often will only stay someplace that has charging.

around 15 within a 5 minute walk :) ill continue mulling the idea over, it really is an easy way to attract the niche of ev owners to the business. I see you recently got you Model S congrats, how do you like it for around vancouver?

Vcanucks, there realy isn't many options in squamish, especially near a restaurant. Sounds like you have a good location. The only other cs90 is at a train park with limited hours and nothing to eat nearby - I am sure I won't go there.

The S is terrific around Vancouver as my daily driver. Averaging about 193kw/km. Have to be careful with the quiet power though, it is easy to get ahead of you.

Those wanting/needing some charge on this route should note that there are two 30A VER network chargers in the parking lot of Gleneagles golf course near Horseshoe Bay. Not much to do there though unless your clubs are in the car and there's no wait. It's a challenging 9-hole municipal course.