Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

vandalism of tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2022 model Y long range, in north county of San Diego. in just 2 and a half months, i was coal rolled on the highway and vandalized in gym/shopping mall parking lot. a random guy walked by my car, looked around, and kicked driver side doors twice and left a dent. i got it on sentry mode videos. filed a police report but it didn't no allow uploading videos. does anyone know if i got any options as far as posting the videos for public to see?

Attachments

• IMG_1753.PNG
    IMG_1753.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1749.PNG
    IMG_1749.PNG
    906.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1746.PNG
    IMG_1746.PNG
    910.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1752.PNG
    IMG_1752.PNG
    947.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Disagree
Reactions: t-rex266 and Nosken
🤣🤣🤣 “rolled coal on the highway”… YouTube channels have blown this out of proportion to people that know absolutely nothing of how a diesel works. The black smoke is a byproduct of acceleration. You happened to be near a diesel vehicle while they accelerated. Just like some tesla owners floor it every chance they get, diesel owners are the same.

As far as the (what looks to be) transient, welcome to California’s homeless /mental health problem. Sorry you experienced that. Hopefully your insurance will handle it since you have videos of the incident.

Many people hate Teslas. Some of these people are criminally antisocial. When the two come together sins/crimes like this are committed. I'm sad to hear your car, which you doubly treasure, was damaged. As I understand it Teslas are hard to get body work repairs done, but I bet in your area not as bad as most places. I hope it turns out perfect .

I have never vandalized one, but I understand the hate. Many automotive enthusiast view Teslas as the antichrist, and despise the culture and the car and Elon. In many people's mind Telsa = Liberal/Democrat, and that can cause hate as well.

Its obviously wrong and sinful to harbor such feelings, much less act on them. I overcame mine but it was a long process.

I have 2022 model Y long range, in north county of San Diego. in just 2 and a half months, i was coal rolled on the highway and vandalized in gym/shopping mall parking lot. a random guy walked by my car, looked around, and kicked driver side doors twice and left a dent. i got it on sentry mode videos. filed a police report but it didn't no allow uploading videos. does anyone know if i got any options as far as posting the videos for public to see?

You can do an internet image search for $6.