Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Various Tesla syndromes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NNTS (No Next Tesla Syndrome): Condition where person has grown so accustomed to waiting for their Tesla to arrive that when it finally arrives and they don't have a second on order, they start to worry about what Tesla product they'll obsess over next.

NSUDS (No Software Update Delivered Syndrome): Condition where you know someone else has received the latest software update and you find yourself checking your car on an hourly basis for the alarm clock icon or questioning what that other person did to deserve the update before you:smile:

Last edited:
NSUDS (No Software Update Delivered Syndrome): Condition where you know someone else has received the latest software update and you find yourself checking your car on an hourly update for the alarm clock icon or questioning what that other person did to deserve the update before you:smile:

I caught that bug. Didn't see it coming.

MSUAD (Model S Upgrade Anxiety Disorder): Condition where a reservation holder fulfills a seemly unavoidable prophecy by rationalizing themselves from one battery pack and set of options up to a bigger pack and fully loaded version. Closely related to TPAS (Tesla Performance Anxiety Syndrome).

TPAS (Tesla Performance Anxiety Syndrome): Condition where after talking themselves up to the biggest battery pack, they are anxious that they will be kicking themselves for not getting the performance model after they take delivery and decide to play it safe and get the Performance model 'just in case'

MSUAD (Model S Upgrade Anxiety Disorder): Condition where a reservation holder fulfills a seemly unavoidable prophecy by rationalizing themselves from one battery pack and set of options up to a bigger pack and fully loaded version. Closely related to TPAS (Tesla Performance Anxiety Syndrome).

TPAS (Tesla Performance Anxiety Syndrome): Condition where after talking themselves up to the biggest battery pack, they are anxious that they will be kicking themselves for not getting the performance model after they take delivery and decide to play it safe and get the Performance model 'just in case'

Hi Dave I have another definition for MSUAD (Model S Upgrade Anxiety Disorder): Condition where an enthusiast is waiting for the wished options to be implemented on Model S and suffering a lot of anxiety while waiting :)

Maybe we could call your definition Reservation Holders MSUAD and mine Enthusiasts MSUAD :)

Last edited:

Yeah MSUAD got me in for another $25,000. But I am getting my car around new years, instead of March April.

TDFR Tesla Distorted Financial Reality

I had a bout of this while I was at a neighborhood x-mas party last night and somehow (the aforementioned SAS precursor kicked in) the conversation came around to cars and I waxed poetically about my upcoming car delivery in Fremont before New Years! Most specifically, I was going on about how much money I am going to save on gasoline (TDFR) and what a great investment this car is (TDFR.) One of the guys says he has heard of the Model S and the gasoline savings sound incredible, then in sequence, "so if you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for yours?" then me, "mmm.... that's a tough question to answer because of the rebates and tax credits and all which are quite generous," then him, "wow, even better, how much are those?" then me, "$10,000!" him, "nice, so how much is the car before rebates?" me thinking (why didn't I take my medication for SAS before coming to this party) and answering "$96,000 but, I get to drive in the HOV lanes for the next two years, think what the time savings are worth (TDFR kicking in to high gear)

Him- "so basically 4 of my Honda Accord's?" and me thinking (you better hope this TDFR isn't contagious because I used to be good at math as well....)