Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VBox 0-60 time for my P85DL: 3.1 s actual; 2.9 with 1-ft roll-out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I strapped a friend's Racelogic VBox Sport to our newly Ludicrized P85D and got 3.1 seconds uncorrected 0-60 at 95% SOC, fully warmed "Max Power" battery mode, 3' elevation, and 55 degrees F. Subtracting the first foot (this is known as a 1-foot roll-out and is used in all the 0-60 times reported by Car and Driver and Motor Trend), it was 2.85 seconds. It did the feat in 151 feet.

I tried it with launch mode and with slip start (can't do both at once); launch mode was the quickest by a tenth over a bunch of runs, each separated by a couple minutes to cool things down. Running Tesla PowerTools, the car now reports a max of 610 hp (455 kW), where it reported only 527 hp (393 kW) when it was Insane. Our car has the Recaros, upgraded stereo, and pano roof (but no second charger), so it's not as light as some.

Subjectively, the car feels a little quicker, especially at highways speeds where the extra 16% power is material. It now feels nearly as quick over 55 mph as our previous car, a Cadillac CTS-V wagon. The Ludicrous upgrade is the cheapest 80 hp I ever expect to get with a warranty from any car company.

I strapped a friend's Racelogic VBox Sport to our newly Ludicrized P85D and got 3.1 seconds uncorrected 0-60 at 95% SOC, fully warmed "Max Power" battery mode, 3' elevation, and 55 degrees F. Subtracting the first foot (this is known as a 1-foot roll-out and is used in all the 0-60 times reported by Car and Driver and Motor Trend), it was 2.85 seconds. It did the feat in 151 feet.

I tried it with launch mode and with slip start (can't do both at once); launch mode was the quickest by a tenth over a bunch of runs, each separated by a couple minutes to cool things down. Running Tesla PowerTools, the car now reports a max of 610 hp (455 kW), where it reported only 527 hp (393 kW) when it was Insane. Our car has the Recaros, upgraded stereo, and pano roof (but no second charger), so it's not as light as some.

Subjectively, the car feels a little quicker, especially at highways speeds where the extra 16% power is material. It now feels nearly as quick over 55 mph as our previous car, a Cadillac CTS-V wagon. The Ludicrous upgrade is the cheapest 80 hp I ever expect to get with a warranty from any car company.
Wow, super quick!
I wasn't going to take the upgrade, but you might have changed my mind...
Thanks for the post. Will be interesting to see the experience of others- could the upgrade be as quick or quicker than the factory trim (ie ludicrous straight ex-factory).

Good to see this positive review.

As I only consider 0-60 times with rollout when I consider that metric at all, 2.8 seconds is definitely impressive for comparison purposes to other vehicles of it's type and even not of it's type.

I wasn't going to take the upgrade, but you might have changed my mind...

I don't have the detailed stats, but my butt-dyno also approves of the upgrade... well worth it. I believe it also worthy of note that the G-force pull, which fell off so quickly on launch with just Insane, pulls all the way to about 70MPH before a normal person can pull their head off the headrest.

Those stupid metered on-ramps have never been so much fun until now...