Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle classification by propulsion system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was trying to make a COMPLETE list of vehicle types according their power source.
First I had to skip the idea that I will make a list of car drivetrain types. As there are.. 3 wheeled "cars" and same looking mopeds. Then it went to e-scooters and bicycles. Then I concluded that complete list has to include everything.

After few weeks almost complete list was ready. Many "mistakes" were already circulating around the globe (Toyota self charging EV for example, or "solar car" that gets a mile of range on a GOOD day) so me.. as an engineer.. had to take the wheel. And got slapped for that. Article was declined due to "making things up" and Wiki is "never the source of new information". So... I had to optimize.
And finally had to find optimal abbreviations. As some were overlapping. So some work there too.

And now. I ask you guys. Who can find mistakes.. maybe missing propulsion system? Also spelling. English is my third language. And finally, do we agree with statements there?

If the article gets "near perfect" it might be a powerful tool for education and also avoiding "marketing scam".
Also I hope one day somebody will create simple energy flow pictograms for each type.

Thumbs up if my Wiki article explained something you didn't know :)
Vehicle classification by propulsion system - Wikipedia

Oh snap. Thread name should be
Vehicle classification by propulsion system

Hope moderator will fix soon.

EDIT: Maybe something like that would help visualize.
Many versions with different arrows (and arrow sizes).

(what about hydrogen)
icons.png

Last edited: