Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle Insurance Quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting USD 560 per 6 months from USAA, but they refuse to look at it as a LR AWD vice Performance due to the 8 digit F Vin issue...
SS
Yeah, same issue for me. Paying USAA $616 / 6 mos. for LR AWD in NC with $1000 collision deductible. They charge the same rate if it was a Performance version since USAA doesn’t have different MY configurations in their rating system.

Yeah, same issue for me. Paying USAA $616 / 6 mos. for LR AWD in NC with $1000 collision deductible. They charge the same rate if it was a Performance version since USAA doesn’t have different MY configurations in their rating system.
Basically what I was told, but it's still BS. It's not a Performance. You'd think an insurance company would want to be exact. I dropped the Y with them and went Progressive ( who I also have for my MC, since USAA wouldn't do that either... ) Great deal and super easy switch for all the same coverage rates.

I’m about to puke from how cheap everyone’s insurance is.

I’m 31 yo with a clean driving record and my 6 months premium for my Lexus, BMW and MY is $2150 in Los Angeles and that’s with $1000 deductible, decent coverage. Geico. Cheapest I found

I just got a quote from Tesla for $193/mo for just my Model Y.

it’s like I’m a criminal, insurance is a total scam.

Last edited:
I’m about to puke from how cheap everyone’s insurance is.

I’m 31 yo with a clean driving record and my 6 months premium for my Lexus, BMW and MY is $2150 in Los Angeles and that’s with $1000 deductible, decent coverage. Geico. Cheapest I found

I just got a quote from Tesla for $193/mo for just my Model Y.

it’s like I’m a criminal, insurance is a total scam.

California insurance for EVs is supposedly high. I asked for a quote from SF a couple months ago, and while the Y wasn't listed in their system at the time, i was quote somewhere in the $2100 range for just the Y.