Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vent Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I used the "Vent" feature today to help let the heat out of my car in the hot sun. I thought it just opened the windows, but it sounded like it put the blowers on as well.

I left it 5 minutes to get rid of some heat, then hit the "close" button to close the windows, but I was back in the house, so just assumed it would close the windows and stop the fans.

I went out a good while later and the blowers were still going, even though the windows had closed.

So I jumped in the car to check settings. It said overheat protection was on, but also said it wouldn't work if the tilt/intrusion alarm was on (which it was). Also, weirdly, the tilt/intrusion, whilst clearly on, is also greyed-out, so I can't turn it off. Not sure why.

Any ideas if the vent function is supposed to use the fans? I assumed it would just drop the windows. The temperature inside the car was under 40C (which is the cut-in for the overheat protection, so I don't think that had anything to do with it).

Also, with the windows closed again, it seems weird that the fan continued for so long. On the app it said climate was off, so there didn't appear to be a way to control them without getting in the car, either.

Once I got in the car and checked the settings, I got out and the fans stopped as soon as the car locked.