Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VentureOne

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of you may have seen the funky, three-wheeled, tilting Carver vehicle on the latest episode of Futurecars. It's been featured previously on Top Gear too. Now Gizmag reports a new company named Venture Vehicles is bringing an electric variant of it to the USA. It will be called the VentureOne.

The VentureOne will be available in two hybrid-electric models and a pure BEV model. The hybrid version will get 100 MPG, while the BEV version will have a 200 mile range per charge from a 3kWh Li-ion battery pack. It will have two in-wheel motors and will use regenerative braking. Other specs: 0-60 MPH in 6 seconds, top speed over 100 MPH, price ranging from $18K for the low-end hybrid to $23K for the BEV. Production in late 2008.

Reportedly it will charge from a standard 110V outlet. And yes it will tilt just like the Carver. With three wheels it is legally considered a motorcycle in the USA (just like the T-Rex/Silence) so you will have to get a motorcycle license and possibly a helmet.

Far more detailed info can be read from the source at gizmag: http://www.gizmag.com/go/6842/

It's really amazing all the EVs -- and especially all the sporty EVs -- that are popping up. I'm having trouble keeping track of them all. (Tesla, Venturi, Wrightspeed, Mullen GT, UEV Spyder, Silence, VentureOne) However, almost all of them seem to be just over the horizon. . . Not much you can go buy and drive home in today. Let's just hang on and keep our fingers crossed, we may be on the verge of an EV renaissance. :)

Techlusive - The Venture Vehicles V1 will be available in 2010

vv.png

Yeah, me and WarpedOne are on the waiting list. Or should I say w...a...i...t...i...n...g list? They are making progress over there, but every announcement (even promises of announcements) are followed by unexplained delays. I attribute it to way too much enthusiasm and not enough financing. Nonetheless, they've got a drive train mule and have shown photos of the Alpha model being put together.

By the way, the first model will be a serial PHEV. The EV model will come later.

Warped,

There is no way to stop the ground. :rolleyes: I too am disappointed in the TM management but I have not LOST faith all together YET. I believe that the S is still 2-3 years out not 4-5. As it get pushed further out I will be looking around for something else. The car I have now will last another 5 years easy. I have vowed that the next thing I buy will be electric or at least a true ZEV.

That "Not waiting for the WhiteStar anymore" came when TM started to talk about hybrid version. It looks like they have also seen that there is no real future for them in that direction and have revised their plans.

Even if Model S is everything I could wish for there are good chances it wont be available in Europe for some aditional time and will carry a price tag completely out of my reach.

Enter V1. It should be much cheaper and more fun :)

My interest is Venture is that my wife and I are now empty nesters, so it will be rare that we need a five passenger vehicle. And even if I take early retirement, I've still got probably five more years of commuting to do. The Venture One (or whatever it will be renamed before it's launched) fits our needs exactly. (Shopping can be done with a small matching trailer they propose). It should be fun, have great mileage, and does not languish in the excesses of a five passenger "yacht", while at the same time not being a "punishment car".

But there are times the big ol' American Sedan will fit our needs. We're social animals that like to take other couples to events in near-by Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, and Rockford. For that, I'm dreaming of the WhiteStar (er.. Model S). That decision is a little more uncertain right now.

You mean in general for the people on the flytheroad forum,

I mean in general. Trouble is Ian is not keeping his own promises, no new information and scailing down the specifications. First it was pure EV and hybrid, then it was hybrid and then EV, next it was only hybrid, now it is only 75mpg vehicle without airbags. I can easily except that we cannot know everything that is going on but constant promises of updates on new big things that aren't fulfilled starts to hit you.

V1 is still my dream machine. I would love to have such a trike. Just create one already and stop refining design and doing countless market research like would I be prepared to pay for airbags. Jesus, its 2008, airbags are standard things. Create a product that is desirable. Until you produce 100.000 of them per year there will be no problem selling it worldwide.

Carver One is selling for 40.000 EUR or 55.000 USD. I might even buy it if I could find one as they only make 150 per year or not even that much.