Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very first-hand experience with X90D, need help with AC issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just joined Tesla family few days ago. Took delivery from Fremont and drove back to LA. I will post my full experience later in this tread.

But I need help with AC issue from experienced owner.

On Monday, the hottest day yet, I drove the X back to LA. Everything was working fine, I pre-cooled like everyone else. Until I supercharged at Harris Ranch and left right after, the X had AC problem, stating "Vehicle Systems is being cooled, Air Condition is reduced". So I stopped at Buttonwillow to cool down, AC back on, but seems inadequate. Then Supercharged at Tejon Ranch, AC not working again, same note appeared. Even the note disappeared from main screen when driving for 40 miles, AC just not blowing cold air.

The next morning, AC is working fine ONLY when car is moving! I tried to pre-cool it, found out that AC only working for a very short time during pre-cool period, then I can hear it just shut itself down.

What do you think? Thank you for your input.

JC

Do you have to wait because of your schedule or theirs? I'm in AZ and a car with no AC is a death trap.

There's definitely an issue, my AC is awesome and pre-coolong takes the cabin from 135 to 80-90 in minutes.

Id push for an earlier meeting or at a minimum have them take the car and give you a loaner S until they have it fixed.

They've had my X for about 2 weeks and although not nearly as good, they gave me a P85D S.

Feel for you

If the A/C is being reduced during supercharging, this is normal behavior. The car actually cares more for the battery pack than your comfort!!
The supercharging process create a huge ton of heat, so the car actively routes the cooling the the pack. Once you're done charging, it will begin to cool the interior again.

Do you have to wait because of your schedule or theirs? I'm in AZ and a car with no AC is a death trap.

There's definitely an issue, my AC is awesome and pre-coolong takes the cabin from 135 to 80-90 in minutes.

Id push for an earlier meeting or at a minimum have them take the car and give you a loaner S until they have it fixed.

They've had my X for about 2 weeks and although not nearly as good, they gave me a P85D S.

Feel for you

I am talking to different people in Tesla to get a quick fix if there is one.

Yes it did the trick first few days, cool down cabin from 110+ to 75 in less than 5 mins. And I totally love it. No luck since.

That's the earliest appointment I can get with loaner.

If the A/C is being reduced during supercharging, this is normal behavior. The car actually cares more for the battery pack than your comfort!!
The supercharging process create a huge ton of heat, so the car actively routes the cooling the the pack. Once you're done charging, it will begin to cool the interior again.

I understand DURING supercharging, it will direct all AC to cool battery, my problem was the system limited itself even after I drove it for 40+miles after supercharged. In my opinion, that is way longer it takes to cool down the battery.&