Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very loud "groaning" noise eminating from the frunk area...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About every third or fourth start up, first thing in the morning, there is a VERY loud groaning noise coming from the frunk area. Driver's side, I think.
It only does it once, then not again for three or four days. It seems worse if the car has sat for a couple days without driving.

Did I mention it's very LOUD?

I figure it's got to either be the heat pump, or the Transmission. Any one else experienced this?

He certainly is a LOUD passenger. I do need to figure this out, but an afraid if making an appt, then having Tesla not be able to repeat the issue. It's not consistent. I've taken to to recording my start up in the morning, trying to catch the sound

I have the same noise. It's not every time either. I tried to take video of it, but every time I remember to do it, it doesn't make the noise.

I took it in for some sensor recall and told them about the noise and they said nobody has mentioned anything about it. There was a lady sitting near me and said she had the same noise. I will get this video up into this forum as soon as I get the noise on video.

I've had my Tessie since July 2020. It started to do the noise in late fall of 2021.