Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very slow start from stop light with V9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else noticed that on V9 when using AP and getting to a full stop the car starts again, following the other cars very very slow. Not that was any speedy before but now is really bad. Most of the cars from the adjacent lanes jump in front because I am moving way to slow. Am I a singular case?

Anybody else noticed that on V9 when using AP and getting to a full stop the car starts again, following the other cars very very slow. Not that was any speedy before but now is really bad. Most of the cars from the adjacent lanes jump in front because I am moving way to slow. Am I a singular case?[/QUOTE

I've heard if obstacle detection is selected it could cause it to be slower from a stop behind a car.

I tried with and without obstacle detection, I moved the distance front he other cars to 1. Still the car moves so slow, all cars ahead get ahead much faster and my car is following slowly. Basically after it takes off it goes slow like trying to conserve energy. Is this the normal V9 behavior?

Same here. I have tried both with and without obstacle detection and follow distance at 1 and I find that the car is slow to accelerate from a stop when there are other cars around.

Definitely didn't experience it until v9. Just not sure if it is by design or just some unintended behavior due to the new functionality.

It is design in my opinion... they at least should be following the car ahead but also if you are first at the stop light.. don't be a slouch ... They should have a setting - similar to "standard, fast, mad max" they can also add grandma if they really really think is needed.

Reactions: Ande
It is design in my opinion... they at least should be following the car ahead but also if you are first at the stop light.. don't be a slouch ... They should have a setting - similar to "standard, fast, mad max" they can also add grandma if they really really think is needed.

I really think it should just follow the setting I already have for acceleration. If I am in chill mode, accelerate at chill. But if I am in Ludicrous (which I always am), use ludicrous but maintain my set following distance.

There are a few cases where the V9 AP software is being overly conservative.

This is happening when resuming from a stop while AutoSteer is engaged.

It also happens while TACC is engaged and a vehicle ahead moves to an exit lane, even after that vehicle is completely in a new lane, TACC will slow the vehicle down much longer than necessary - which may be unexpected by vehicles following behind.