Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration MX 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I own a 2020 MX raven. Since a few months I've noticed a slight vibration inte the steering wheel when driving, even at slower speeds(not when creeping). I've changed the steering gear, aligned the wheels and lubricated the brakes. I've even changed tires. Still Tesla couldn't find anything. Is vibration in the steering wheel normal? I can feel it slightly in the accelerator pedal as well. What should I do?

Hi,
I own a 2020 MX raven. Since a few months I've noticed a slight vibration inte the steering wheel when driving, even at slower speeds(not when creeping). I've changed the steering gear, aligned the wheels and lubricated the brakes. I've even changed tires. Still Tesla couldn't find anything. Is vibration in the steering wheel normal? I can feel it slightly in the accelerator pedal as well. What should I do?

Is it possible you have a bent rim? That has certainly caused that sort of sensation before, and wouldn't be corrected by new tires either. There aren't too many tire shops that check that sort of thing, but if you call around you can probably find one.

Upvote 0
It would be pretty surprising if both sets of rims had some malformation. I suppose it is possible though. Good luck, and let us know.
test drove MX 2023 last week. Loved the yoke but found it difficult using the blinkers while turning in the roundabout.
Strangely I noticed that the new MX also had a slight vibration in the steering wheel. Maybe it's something habitual in Tesla's. Had a Volvo XC90 before my tesla and didn't feel any vibration in the steering wheel.
Still love my MX. Should just get used to it, I guess.

Upvote 0
test drove MX 2023 last week. Loved the yoke but found it difficult using the blinkers while turning in the roundabout.
Strangely I noticed that the new MX also had a slight vibration in the steering wheel. Maybe it's something habitual in Tesla's. Had a Volvo XC90 before my tesla and didn't feel any vibration in the steering wheel.
Still love my MX. Should just get used to it, I guess.

I have only driven two model X for any distance, both loners while my model S was being repaired. Neither of them had any vibration, and of course my S does not. I don't think it's inherent in the design, something is not right here!

Unfortunately Tesla is hiring people so quickly that they often have no experience, and therefore don't know really how to diagnose problems like this. If there's any independent tire or wheel shop around you I would definitely go with them and see if they can come up with an idea.

Hoping to acquire an x soon. Now retired, so it'll probably be used. I'll definitely be watching for these issues. Please keep us informed.

Reactions: Drlippercon
Upvote 0
I have only driven two model X for any distance, both loners while my model S was being repaired. Neither of them had any vibration, and of course my S does not. I don't think it's inherent in the design, something is not right here!

Unfortunately Tesla is hiring people so quickly that they often have no experience, and therefore don't know really how to diagnose problems like this. If there's any independent tire or wheel shop around you I would definitely go with them and see if they can come up with an idea.

Hoping to acquire an x soon. Now retired, so it'll probably be used. I'll definitely be watching for these issues. Please keep us informed.
Thanks for your support 🙏🏼

Upvote 0