Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video: Jay Leno Reviews Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: Fiddler and Snerruc
As a few said, he does ramble and it's not new info to us owners/Tesla enthusiasts but still a good "review" for non Tesla people and those who like his opinion. I like that he brought up the Tesla hate and questioned why the hell they would hate on it.

I also like that even Jay Leno's press/media Model Y car still had build quality issues that I could see from my couch! Makes me feel some what better, oddly, that even that car isn't perfect and it is Tesla's crap build quality and even crappy QC program for this vehicle. I can't recommend this car to anyone just yet, it's great but the build quality and shoddyness would make me feel bad if I told family and friends to go get one

Reactions: rxlawdude
30 minutes of Jay rambling. Nothing new for those of us in the know, but this kind of genuine coverage by a famous car guy will probably sell 100,000 Model Ys (or more).

Indeed, this half-hour unpaid endorsement from Jay Leno, could well be worth more than the price of a year of conventional advertising produced by Madison Avenue for an automaker. The YouTube video has been out less than a day, and is already approaching a half-million views. There will be more watching, when it actually becomes incorporated into a segment of Jay's TV show.

Those who are convinced by it, will advise their friends to watch it. Demand could explode exponentially. I'm not kidding. Let's hope production can keep up. :cool:

At 29:18, while approaching an intersection with AP enabled:

"[The light] just turned green, so now we will proceed through. (Car slows to stop at the intersection) Ok... it stops... ok. Now I can get back on the gas again. Now I've taken over to make the turn.

Now, see, if I had programmed it in my GPS, then it would've taken the turn automatically, but since I did not, it stopped.
"

Maybe one day, Jay. Maybe one day. :D

Indeed, this half-hour unpaid endorsement from Jay Leno, could well be worth more than the price of a year of conventional advertising produced by Madison Avenue for an automaker. The YouTube video has been out less than a day, and is already approaching a half-million views. There will be more watching, when it actually becomes incorporated into a segment of Jay's TV show.

Those who are convinced by it, will advise their friends to watch it. Demand could explode exponentially. I'm not kidding. Let's hope production can keep up. :cool:
Let's hope quality improves....