Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of Stamping Model 3 Body Panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Musk should stop responding to those looking-for-scandal outfits.
You are 1000000% correct.

Why do you think he responds?

Why did he post a video about making the Model 3 at 10% speed? ( even though we don't know what that means).
I believe he did that out of response to those saying that the car is being built by hand - Which I believe is your premise.

NOW.....vendors are coming out with articles to people who have invested in them saying....Hey!!! Its not my fault....Tesla isn't asking for many of the widgets we are contracted to provided them. We started our production line back in May.....we are ready!!!!.

As you say...I have promoted over and over - Tesla....just don't say anything unless or until its the absolute truth.

Last edited:
@S3XY.

The article was posted today because vendors are speaking out as to how many products are being requested by Tesla.

This is 100% speculation on your part.

Did you read the source PDF that was linked in the news post that you posted? Yes, it was in Chinese, but there are translation tools.

According to the PDF, they were recently asked by investors if they were producing something for the Model 3, and this is their answer (Yes), along with an explanation of why it was not specifically disclosed earlier (because the revenue involved, as a percentage of their business, is below reporting guidelines).

The translation I got from Google is very Engrish-y, but apparently they are producing drive motors for seats, or possibly parts for motors, or maybe even a production line for motors, under contract from Shanghai Yan Feng Johnson Seat Machinery Parts Co.. I'm not kidding when I said it was very Engrish-y! Re-reading it now several times, I am getting the indication that they actually made a production line for making motors, not that they are making motors themselves.

So, they were not speaking out of their own accord, they were asked.
Nor did they speak about quantity, only revenue, and only then as an explanation for why they hadn't brought up the contract before now.

Last edited:
This is 100% speculation on your part.

Did you read the source PDF that was linked in the news post that you posted? Yes, it was in Chinese, but there are translation tools.

According to the PDF, they were recently asked by investors if they were producing parts for the Model 3, and this is their answer (Yes), along with an explanation of why it was not specifically disclosed earlier (because the revenue involved, as a percentage of their business, is below reporting guidelines).

The translation I got from Google is very Engrish-y, but apparently they are producing drive motors for seats, under sub contract from Shanghai Yan Feng Johnson Seat Machinery Parts Co..

So, they were not speaking out of their own accord, they were asked.
Nor did they speak about quantity, only revenue, and only then as an explanation for why they hadn't brought up the contract before now.
Speculation. Aren't I allowed?

Oh yeah. I should have prefaced the whole thing with "I think" - then none of it has to be true. Right?

Isn't it true that we have buzz words that we can insert into sentences that allow for NONE of what we say to be true?

From CEO's to regular people......we need to make sure we use the correct buzz words.

Shortville : They only made 5 of them according to the video PRODUCTION PROBLEM!!!!

And you can see the VIN on the stamping machine! It is only #212... Come on now...

stamp-vin.png

:p

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric