Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video Request - 135KW Supercharging in realtime

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a request for anyone willing. Please create a youtube video with a camera focused on the charging screen as you charge your 85KW model S from nearly empty to full. I'd prefer to see it from a 135KW Supercharger (no such video exists on Youtube) which would presumably be installed at the newer stations. I'm guessing this would be a 60+ minute video, but I feel like seeing it in realtime will help potential buyers wrap their mind around this process.

Thanks to anyone with the time and desire to help the community in this way!

I have a request for anyone willing. Please create a youtube video with a camera focused on the charging screen as you charge your 85KW model S from nearly empty to full. I'd prefer to see it from a 135KW Supercharger (no such video exists on Youtube) which would presumably be installed at the newer stations. I'm guessing this would be a 60+ minute video, but I feel like seeing it in realtime will help potential buyers wrap their mind around this process.

Thanks to anyone with the time and desire to help the community in this way!
islandbayy did one with his S60:

Bjorn Nyland has a video showing accelerated charging (roughly 10x), but shows a side by side comparison of a 60 and an 85 charging from roughly 0-70%

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Bjorn's 10x speed up, but it looks like the 60 started a little slow, charging at 88kW initially. Others have reported 60's charging from 0% at 105kW. Islandbayy got 102 kW. Perhaps the 60 in Bjorn's video was a little cold at the start.

Both Islandbayy and the 85 in Bjorn's video demonstrate that the max current is limited to about 330 Amps, which is consistent with the labeling on the Supercharger Cabinets.