Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video shows 11-day supercharger build in Goodland, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems so easy. So how come there are very few SuC going live in the US this summer?

that was an install in Kansas, nearly flat, not congested with utilities, ideal scenario

Take a look at the Chattanooga supercharger thread* where they found an unmarked conduit during the install and had to stop work or look at one in a higher population density area where there are tight tolerances, outdated infrastructure, or bureaucracy. Not everywhere is as nice to build in as a flat spot in Kansas.

* Supercharger - Chattanooga, TN - Page 5
Just drove out there this morning. They are back at work and are now waiting on the inspector before they can pour the concrete. I asked about completion date. It will definitely NOT be tomorrow. Probably NOT next week either since they found an unmarked major conduit near the end charger stand. It will most likely need to be rerouted before they can pull wire, is what I was told.

Could you try re-posting when you have some time? I've been meaning to watch this and never got around to it.....thanks!
It is a YouTube video that has been "removed by the user". In other words: the supercharger installation company that posted the video to YouTube took it down for unknown reasons.

Unfortunately that means I have no way of re-posting it.

Teslarati has posted some screenshots here, but it doesn't really do the video justice.

Speculation in the comments here that Tesla made them take it down.

Last edited:
It is a YouTube video that has been "removed by the user". In other words: the supercharger installation company that posted the video to YouTube took it down for unknown reasons.

Unfortunately that means I have no way of re-posting it.

Teslarati has posted some screenshots here, but it doesn't really do the video justice.

Speculation in the comments here that Tesla made them take it down.

ah, sorry, the way I read the OP was that you had taken video...makes sense now.

Even if we can't see the video, knowing that it only takes 11 days to install a Supercharger is pretty cool. That bodes well for the amount of money Tesla has to pay to install Superchargers.

I think the biggest reason Tesla is building most of its Superchargers without solar canopies is because they get their solar panels from Solar City and Solar City has a limited supply of them, they're busy installing them in homes and businesses! However, they're bringing a large factory online that will reduce the cost of panels. Once that is fully operational, perhaps Tesla can get hold of some solar canopies and update their Superchargers.