Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN location on lease car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I am hoping this hasn't been asked before, this is the second Model X I have ordered this time through a lease on my company.

Just wondered if anyone has found a way of finding the VIN on the lease login account as its the "secondary" account I am unable to manage the car at all. I obviously went through all the steps looking in the source code but I am assuming its that. And the lease company arent exactly helpful.

I am frantically trying to find out so I can see if it will be coming MID/Late march as I have already sold my RRS ready for it.

Thanks in advance.

Graham

I actually have the VIN via the leasing company portal but when i log into the Tesla site there is no car showing and doesn't appear to be any way for me to add it.

Generally, when leasing a car, the car is tied to the account that the leasecompany use as it is their car. Only once the car is delivered and handed to the customer, ie you as the driver, is the car married to your account. The only way of knowing if you're VIN matched is if you call Tesla quoting your RN.
This is my experience with leaseplan, though others companies do it differently from what I've read here.

Generally, when leasing a car, the car is tied to the account that the leasecompany use as it is their car. Only once the car is delivered and handed to the customer, ie you as the driver, is the car married to your account. The only way of knowing if you're VIN matched is if you call Tesla quoting your RN.
This is my experience with leaseplan, though others companies do it differently from what I've read here.
thanks for the advice ;-)