Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN posted this afternoon. Potential rejected vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are not in rush, I would make a change to have a Trailer Hitch option, to be sure I get a more recent built.
I took deliver of the trailer hitch option. VIN 18,xxx. Good build. White paint. Much of the earlier issues resolved. 15 hrs from order to deliver. Home delivery directly from factory. Consumption chart shows no detours taken after two factory test ramps. Model Y is under quarantine, and will be taking the first test launch on Independence Day!

Quite pleased. As the Model 3 trade-in was a 100,xxx VIN.

-----------
For the particular folks only, read on: Otherwise stop reading.

This is to address the vast improvement over what's on these forums.
1. Paint edges all good. No missing spots. There were three specks dust/dirt that landed under the paint... so what. A real world rock chip would be a world of hurt, move on...
2. The rear seat on the right is higher by 3/8." Not a concern just an observation. Adjust recline a touch and it's perfectly level now, move on. If it is bad interior fixes can be done later. I am most particular over anything that send the car back to a BODY SHOP. I am the type of person that knows if some is removed it isn't the same. Lesson learned form Model 3 1/2" nick... minor. Should have left it as is.
3. The gaps aren't an issue. Nearly perfect. I'll pick this one apart for sake of finding something bad to say. The 2" where the bumper meets the quarter panel. Smaller gap than other side, so what it's a 2" cord length, move on.
4. The charge port. It's protrusion is 1mm higher than the other side, so what move on. Easy fix if I happen to change the cabin filter at some point.
5. The last will be something I'll ask about. The interior head liner bows down a little on right hand side. That was the only thing that my wife wants to get checked out. We will combine the with the HomeLink upgrade, which requires a mobile visit.

Attachments

• IMG_4499.jpg
    IMG_4499.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I took deliver of the trailer hitch option. VIN 18,xxx. Good build. 15 hrs from order to deliver.
Home delivery directly from factory. Consumption chart shows no detours taken after two factory test ramps.
Model Y is under quarantine, and will be taking the first test launch on Independence Day!
To take a picture of the Energy graph should be added to the delivery inspection check list.

Tesla Energy Just at time of Delivert .jpg

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
I reconfigured order for MY on 05/27. Got text notification delivery date moved to July 3rd. Then got call today saying MY is enroute to the delivery center and can pick-up at 7:30pm, June 30th. I declined and asked for a mid-day delivery schedule to allow for ample daylight to inspect vehicle.

mY was assigned VIN 15xxx, forgot to ask about build date. however, the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement sheet indicates the MY was accepted by customer on 02/27/2020 and Odometer reads 15miles. Is this a previously rejected MY?!?? Did anyone get a MY with zero miles at delivery?
Mine had 15 miles..

NEWB question, shouldn't ANY rejected vehicles be "fixed" before they are re-offered for sale? I mean offering a car with that many defects the buyer rejects it and then turns around and try to sell it again without fixing the flaws is lunacy or maybe worse?

I would expect that car to have been fixed and dam near perfect.

FYI I ordered ours on June 29th.

NEWB question, shouldn't ANY rejected vehicles be "fixed" before they are re-offered for sale? I mean offering a car with that many defects the buyer rejects it and then turns around and try to sell it again without fixing the flaws is lunacy or maybe worse?

I would expect that car to have been fixed and dam near perfect.

FYI I ordered ours on June 29th.

Should? Yes. But some customers aren't as picky as others. Unless it's a functional issue it might be worth just trying to give it to someone else. Not saying I agree but I understand it.

I rejected my first delivery during the end of the quarter rush due to paint paint defects and panel gaps. I specifically told them I am not accepting the vehicle and to assign me a new VIN. They just contacted me to pick up the same VIN next week. I don''t even know what to say anymore.
Maybe a Tesla is not for you? I hear Toyota quality is excellent. I'm sure they have an EV that would meet your requirements.