Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN Progression

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m super stoked to be checking out my MY (LR AWD, grey/black/tow). I was assigned a VIN in the 99k range and was told that the vehicle was manufactured yesterday. Could this be true given the fact that we’ve seen VINs north of 105k? Obviously if it has 50+ miles, likely not new and a demo which I will not accept, but otherwise if it has a heated steering wheel and the fit/finish are acceptable, I plan on accepting delivery.

Thanks in advance for your input!

I’m super stoked to be checking out my MY (LR AWD, grey/black/tow). I was assigned a VIN in the 99k range and was told that the vehicle was manufactured yesterday. Could this be true given the fact that we’ve seen VINs north of 105k? Obviously if it has 50+ miles, likely not new and a demo which I will not accept, but otherwise if it has a heated steering wheel and the fit/finish are acceptable, I plan on accepting delivery.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Ordered last week and VIN was assigned the same day in the 94K... Probably a leftover? Already delayed the delivery to March