Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VINs and Vehicle Deliveries - where is my car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In danger of moving off-topic yet again :rolleyes: I thought you swedes had to get the polestar ? hehe
I tried one actually, seemes pretty nice, but in my humble opinion nothing beats the intuitive infotainment system of the model 3 and the charging network is priceless.
I was about to get a test-drive of the P2, and then the 2021 update came along. No contest.

Ha, just a little off topic :rolleyes: anyone have a clue about the timeline for registration of the car? Can it happen before it's arrived at the SC, or is it usually between arrival at SC and final delivery to customer, or even on or after final delivery? I'm interested in the Swedish situation, but if you have intel on how this happens elsewhere I'd still be interested, thanks!
Mine is registrated now at «statens veivesen» (Norway), taking delivery 16/12-20.

Ha, just a little off topic :rolleyes: anyone have a clue about the timeline for registration of the car? Can it happen before it's arrived at the SC, or is it usually between arrival at SC and final delivery to customer, or even on or after final delivery? I'm interested in the Swedish situation, but if you have intel on how this happens elsewhere I'd still be interested, thanks!
From the horse's mouth:
"Tesla förregistrerar bilarna 1-2 veckor före planerad leverans och står som ägare fram tills att bilen levereras. Dock ställs den aldrig på i trafik så du som kund kommer räknas som första ägare för att vara berättigad klimatbonus."

And also have a look here, with a bit of a delay it seems, you can see which model 3's TM Sweden has registered to their name. It looks like they registered a batch of some 120+ M3's on the 23/11 :
Sök registreringsnummer / fordon ägare i bilregistret / bilvärdering gratis på Biluppgifter.se

• Informative
Reactions: Skatebambi
From the horse's mouth:
"Tesla förregistrerar bilarna 1-2 veckor före planerad leverans och står som ägare fram tills att bilen levereras. Dock ställs den aldrig på i trafik så du som kund kommer räknas som första ägare för att vara berättigad klimatbonus."

And also have a look here, with a bit of a delay it seems, you can see which model 3's TM Sweden has registered to their name. It looks like they registered a batch of some 120+ M3's on the 23/11 :
Sök registreringsnummer / fordon ägare i bilregistret / bilvärdering gratis på Biluppgifter.se
Thanks for this, I hadn't realised that bilupgifter had a search by Make function :rolleyes: although it's a bit rubbish, can't filter out just the 2021 M3s... Or I'm a bit stupid:oops:

From the horse's mouth:

Just been through all the 2021 M3s nothing with a VIN83xxxx :( gonna have to wait to find out what reg number I will get:confused:

Just been through all the 2021 M3s nothing with a VIN83xxxx :( gonna have to wait to find out what reg number I will get:confused:

Well all the 2021 M3's ( I suppose all, wasn't patient enough to do more than a sample ) were registered last Tuesday, probably Antwerp VINS... maybe your VIN will show up tomorrow, My Triton VIN hasn't shown up either though it reportedly is at least half way up through the country by now.

Mine was registered today vin.82664XX and Typegodkjenningsnr. EF : e4*2007/46*1293*13 (vognkortet)
Tesla must obtain an EU type approval for approval in Europe. This is created as part of an approval process in Holland. Recognizable by the "e4"
Here is a part of the list of all changes with the date of approval:
| e4 * 07/46 * 1293 * 07 | December 20, 2019 |
| e4 * 07/46 * 1293 * 08 | 03/06/2020 |
| e4 * 07/46 * 1293 * 09 | 04/08/2020 |
| e4 * 07/46 * 1293 * 10 | 05/15/2020 |
| e4 * 07/46 * 1293 * 11 | 07/01/2020 |
| e4 * 07/46 * 1293 * 12 | 08/03/2020 |
| e4 * 07/46 * 1293 * 13 | 10/09/2020 | <- Model 3 Refresh

taken from this link Model 3 Refresh aus Oktober 2020

• Informative
Reactions: Korgmatose