Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VINs and Vehicle Deliveries - where is my car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you had an official vin message or any kind of message from Tesla regarding your order? All I have received is your order is on its way.. I’ve been to see them in store and have a vin etc but nothing official from the messaging service
Nothing at all. I only received Vin, which i can also see on the tesla account if i 'view source code'

Oh just had a text from Tesla and I chose a delivery date and time they gave me the option of the 21st 22nd or 23rd and 4 different times

Attachments

• 82857B4C-68D5-4535-B5F8-49923EFDA665.png
    82857B4C-68D5-4535-B5F8-49923EFDA665.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Redbug and ReInAs
Ordered from inventory on 4/6/21 and I can see a VIN in the source of the product finalise page. How do I know when to expect delivery? The VIN ends with 242XXX.

Based on Mr Miserable's tracking I'm assuming it's on the hyperion ray due in Southampton on 10th June.

When is the next shipment of M3 SR+ to Ashdod port- Israel? (from Shanghai)
Hi Ofir,
I have confirmation from Tesla that shipment will include SR+ MIC LHD and Performance MIC LHD and it will be on august delivery to Ashdod from Shanghai.
SR+ will be with LFP battery and my assumption that Performance will have LG battery and not Panasonic like US version.

Drammen, Norway.
Despite Tesla Norway not having cleared the last shipment of Model 3's from the docks, it looks like GLOVIS CHORUS has dumped an awful lot of Model 3's on the quayside there. PROMETHEUS LEADER appears to be adding even more to the pile.
This is going to require a major effort to get these cars delivered by the end of the month.
In the past there has been little activity during a weekend, hopefully this will change.

View attachment 671559
Been watching this MrM makes me wonder if my car actually went on Prometheus leader or whether it stayed on chorus at anchor before going to Drammen… mine will arrive in stavanger by transporter and I have a pick up org 21st.. Some of my friends are getting them as late as 28th.. Also Akranes has dropped some in Tananger too! The Norwegian stats for registrations will be high this month! Teslastats.no

Last edited:
Didn’t mean to just put “hi” lol. New to this whole tracking ships thing, I ordered a M3 SR+ on 27th May - no estimated delivery on my account yet. Is it possible that my car will be on Hyperion Ray, or can I expect a longer wait for mine to be delivered? Thanks :)
If you haven't heard by now you are unlikely to get a delivery this quarter. But then again don't lose hope! Email the delivery team.

I think I explained in Q1 my doubts about whether a couple of ships were filled to capacity. The official stats released subsequently seemed to confirm that these doubts were correct.
On that basis I think you can safely assume the numbers for Q2 will be up on Q1. The challenge, as always, is to get those deliveries made by the end of the month and not leave any sitting on the various docksides.
For the UK an increasingly large portion of their sales are to leasing companies who don't share the end of quarter frenzy attitude of Tesla and the challenge here is try and get them onboard. The Tesla quarter end figures require the lease to be activated and for that to happen the car must be with the end user. The administration of the leasing companies are aligned to the largely automated SMMT systems and so are not configured to handle the labour intensive requirements of a Tesla (who are not a member of the SMMT) transaction.
which vessel is picking up the TM3LR from Zeebrugge (Glovis Countess) and further to Drammen - Norway? I have VIN 971XXX with delivery "end of June" in Drammen.