Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VisibleTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is also a new one for me:

2014-02-02 23:02:31
Scheduler Activity: Can't wake vehicle - aborting

Both the anomalies have had with VT being able to talk to or login to the car have been since the v0.25.04 update.

It also happens that I put in a wireless AP with better coverage in my house(and out to the garage) at around the same time.

While it would seem odd for better connectivity to cause problems, I'm wondering if this is an issue of the car waking up and then becoming unreachable for some period of time while it transfers from 3G over to the WiFi connection...

I've noticed that when I pull in to the garage I almost always switch over to WiFi now, whereas before I had often not... however that switch takes a bit of time. Previously the car seemed to often just remain connected via 3G.

Seeing as how the car defaults to 3G when it awakens (at least in my experience it never coes back with a WiFi link), I wonder if there's a period of time that the car is unreachable during the switch?

How is your car connected to get 3 phase 230V charging? Didnt think this was possible.
And regarding 3 phase. Its not 13Ax222Vx3P but more like X1.73 = 5kw
Though your charge rate clearly tells this is charging by 9KW. i dont understand hehe
Edit: Or is this just 13Ax400Vx1,73=9kw, and Volt in VT is measured between Phase and ground?

3 phase charging (3*400V) is possible in the EU - we have different chargers then in the US or Norway.
Voltage displayed by Tesla is indeed between Phase and (grounded) neutral - 230V.

there is indeed a small nit in the ModelS - it does show DC-charging current correct, also charging in km/u - but the kw is only per phase, rather then total.

DC-charging = 46,2A @ +/-400V = 18kw
AC-charging = 26 A @ 226V * 3 = 18kw

On the central console, Tesla will indicate 6kw, as in VisibleTesla.
My 2ct that Tesla will deal with this in V6

ScreenShot133.jpg

@Joe - I'm been using your application for some time now .
Anyway I can contribute ? Buy you a (Belgian !) beer ?

3 phase charging (3*400V) is possible in the EU - we have different chargers then in the US or Norway.
Yes 3 phase charging on 400V. We have the same chargers that allows this. But only 400v not 230v 3 phase.

Agree

Are you sure about this? As you stated above. 3 phase 400 volt. But your calculations are with the 226 volts between phase and neutral.
Here on 400 volts, wich i belive is the same grid type as you have its 26A @ 400V x 3 (1,73) = 18kw.
Yes its the same as all three phases between phase and neutral 26 A @ 230V x 3. But its still 400V.
Here we have the same for 400V. And the same red adapters you use. But we also have a seperate UMC for our special grid. Wich are 230V but 230V between phases and 130v between phase and ground.

Offcourse i belive that you are charging with "3 x 230V" as reported by VT. But i also belive phase-phase is 400V on your electrical system and 230V phase-neutral.

I could achieve the same charging here if i had a 400V system. But with my current 230V system i cant. Since the car doesnt like 130V.

Last edited:
Hello & thanks again for all the work you've put into this great app!

Do you have any feedback reporting false performance options? Specifically the "Performance+" boolean.

Overview > Details > Performance Options:

Performance: true
Performance+: false
Performance Exterior: true
Performance Powertrain: true

Mine also reports Performance Plus as false. I can PM you the info if you like.

Mine also reports Performance Plus as false. I can PM you the info if you like.

Thanks for sending me your info via PM. For some reason some Perf+ models do not have the code set that indicates the + option. I have added a a workaround that should identify such cars correctly. I'll release this with some other minor changes this weekend.

Joe

- - - Updated - - -

Voltage displayed by Tesla is indeed between Phase and (grounded) neutral - 230V.

there is indeed a small nit in the ModelS - it does show DC-charging current correct, also charging in km/u - but the kw is only per phase, rather then total.

On the central console, Tesla will indicate 6kw, as in VisibleTesla.
My 2ct that Tesla will deal with this in V6

View attachment 42628

@Joe - I'm been using your application for some time now .
Anyway I can contribute ? Buy you a (Belgian !) beer ?

Hello S-19910,

Hopefully Tesla will update the way they report this information in the REST API in which case VisibleTesla will automatically benefit from their changes.

As for how to contribute, adding information like this to the conversation is a great way. Thank you.

Joe

Last edited:
sorry, a bit off-topic...

Yes 3 phase charging on 400V. We have the same chargers that allows this. But only 400v not 230v 3 phase.

Agree

Are you sure about this? As you stated above. 3 phase 400 volt. But your calculations are with the 226 volts between phase and neutral.
Here on 400 volts, wich i belive is the same grid type as you have its 26A @ 400V x 3 (1,73) = 18kw.
Yes its the same as all three phases between phase and neutral 26 A @ 230V x 3. But its still 400V.
Here we have the same for 400V. And the same red adapters you use. But we also have a seperate UMC for our special grid. Wich are 230V but 230V between phases and 130v between phase and ground.

Offcourse i belive that you are charging with "3 x 230V" as reported by VT. But i also belive phase-phase is 400V on your electrical system and 230V phase-neutral.

I could achieve the same charging here if i had a 400V system. But with my current 230V system i cant. Since the car doesnt like 130V.

@ebbrey
maybe some misunderstanding :

I am charging at a 400V-230V grid :smile:

Line voltage is the voltage across any two phases. Phase voltage is the voltage across each phase winding. If connected in STAR, or Y configuration, line voltage = 1.732 x phase voltage. These are the 'newer' grids in Belgium
( If connected in DELTA configuration the line voltage = phase voltage. Older grids in Belgium, and I think grid used in Norway. )

So, for a 400-230V grid : Line voltage=400 Volt, Phase Voltage=230 Volt

Power = 3 * Line Voltage * Amps = 3 * (3 * Phase Voltage) * Amps = 3 * Phase Voltage * Amps ...
Power = 3 * 400 * Amps = 3 * (3 * 230) * Amps = 3 * 230 * Amps ... So that is why charge power is calculated as 3*230*26..
(with cosphi = 1)

Now my questions (to be sure) :
1. the standard home plug (Schuko) : what is the voltage between the two live wires and the ground in Norway ? both 135V ? Your UMC works properly ? (I guess yes)
2. do you have 3 phase 230V line voltage ? (I guess yes)
3. Can you do 3-phase charging on the 230grid ? (I guess no)

reason for my questions : we have both grids in Belgium, and a lot of people have charging problems at the 3*230grid :
1. the Tesla UMC does NOT work one phase, generic will work. (Tesla UMC delivered in Belgium wants a grounded neutral)
2. and they cannot charge 3-phase with a generic UMC. (Tesla Charger does not like 135V, as you wrote)

I also ask for tourists travelling from Belgium and The Netherlands to Norway : if my assuptioms are correct, their Tesla-UMC will NOT work in Norway...

Hi Joe,

another data point for you, I just had parking sensors retrofitted to my car and under details in Visible Tesla it reports Parking Sensors as 'False' under newer options. My guess would be that Tesla has a separate data base that engineering uses to track vehicles and that the database you call on to get vehicle option data from may be another one that they don't update after the sale.

Did you want me to send you any data to take a look at?

Hi Joe,

another data point for you, I just had parking sensors retrofitted to my car and under details in Visible Tesla it reports Parking Sensors as 'False' under newer options. My guess would be that Tesla has a separate data base that engineering uses to track vehicles and that the database you call on to get vehicle option data from may be another one that they don't update after the sale.

Did you want me to send you any data to take a look at?

Hello Blurry_Eyed,

Yes, if you would PM the "Low level information" string from the Details dialog, that would be helpful. Does the iPhone/Android app show that you have parking sensors in any way?

Thanks for the report.

Joe

sorry, a bit off-topic...

@ebbrey
maybe some misunderstanding :

I am charging at a 400V-230V grid :smile:

Line voltage is the voltage across any two phases. Phase voltage is the voltage across each phase winding. If connected in STAR, or Y configuration, line voltage = 1.732 x phase voltage. These are the 'newer' grids in Belgium
( If connected in DELTA configuration the line voltage = phase voltage. Older grids in Belgium, and I think grid used in Norway. )

So, for a 400-230V grid : Line voltage=400 Volt, Phase Voltage=230 Volt

Power = 3 * Line Voltage * Amps = 3 * (3 * Phase Voltage) * Amps = 3 * Phase Voltage * Amps ...
Power = 3 * 400 * Amps = 3 * (3 * 230) * Amps = 3 * 230 * Amps ... So that is why charge power is calculated as 3*230*26..
(with cosphi = 1)

Now my questions (to be sure) :
1. the standard home plug (Schuko) : what is the voltage between the two live wires and the ground in Norway ? both 135V ? Your UMC works properly ? (I guess yes)
2. do you have 3 phase 230V line voltage ? (I guess yes)
3. Can you do 3-phase charging on the 230grid ? (I guess no)

reason for my questions : we have both grids in Belgium, and a lot of people have charging problems at the 3*230grid :
1. the Tesla UMC does NOT work one phase, generic will work. (Tesla UMC delivered in Belgium wants a grounded neutral)
2. and they cannot charge 3-phase with a generic UMC. (Tesla Charger does not like 135V, as you wrote)

I also ask for tourists travelling from Belgium and The Netherlands to Norway : if my assuptioms are correct, their Tesla-UMC will NOT work in Norway...

Now we agree!

Yes sorry for off-topic. Atleast its for understanding VT charging screen ;)

1. Yes 130V between phase and ground on most common 230V line voltage IT grid. Newer installmens have the same 400v line voltage TN grid as you have.
2. Yes 3 phase.
3. The chargers in model s does not support 230V L1-L2-L3 3 phase charging. Since instead of L1-N L2-N L3-N all reading 230V they are all 130V instead.

1. Tesla UMC does not work properly with the 230V line voltage grid. This apperantly is connected L1 to L1 in UMC, but instead of N to N, its L2 to N. Meaning its 130V running between N and PE in the UMC. Mennekes cables work perfectly.
2. Yeah, only way to get 3 phase charging is to install a 130KG expensive transformer in the garage creating a new secondairy 400V grid net from the 230V.

It's been reported on our norwegian forums that Tesla probobly forgot/skipped a connector on the Neutral in the UMC causing all the issues with 230V line grid's.

Exporting in the Bermuda Triangle

Hi Gizmotoy,

Hi Berkut,

A couple of questions.

First, can you elaborate on "whenever I try to export it all I get is silence"? When you choose "File->Export Stats Data..." does it show you the dialog that asks you to choose a location and file name? If so, does it then show you the dialog to select a date range? I'm trying to determine where exactly in the process it is stopping.

Are you on Windows, Mac, or Linux?

What version of VisibleTesla?

Thanks,
Joe

Wow, My account must be broken as I didn't get pinged about any new updates - so sorry I haven't replied sooner.

* When I say silence I mean I click on the option and absolutely no response from the app occurs. It basically acts like I never did anything.
* I'm currently running your app on a Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Java version 1.7.0_51. I have both 64bit and 32bit JREs installed.
* VisibleTesla version 0.25.04.

The crazy thing is every other option/feature works great, just not the Export Stats/Location data options in the [File] drop down menu or via the Trips tab.

Go figure.:crying:

* When I say silence I mean I click on the option and absolutely no response from the app occurs. It basically acts like I never did anything.
* I'm currently running your app on a Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Java version 1.7.0_51. I have both 64bit and 32bit JREs installed.
* VisibleTesla version 0.25.04.
I just ran my VT 0.25.04 (Win7 Pro x64. Java v1.7_45 (32bit) and the Export Stats/Location worked.
I did however discover that the files did not have an .xls/xlsx extension on them. the dropdown when you name the file does not have any entries.

Hello Blurry_Eyed,

Yes, if you would PM the "Low level information" string from the Details dialog, that would be helpful. Does the iPhone/Android app show that you have parking sensors in any way?

Thanks for the report.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I'll PM you the info today (Saturday). I use the iPhone app and it doesn't reference the parking sensors in any way. Thanks for the great app!

-Alex

Last edited:
I just ran my VT 0.25.04 (Win7 Pro x64. Java v1.7_45 (32bit) and the Export Stats/Location worked.
I did however discover that the files did not have an .xls/xlsx extension on them. the dropdown when you name the file does not have any entries.

Hi dsmith2189,

Thanks for confirming that Export is working for you in Windows.

The extension thing is an annoying bug that should be trivial to fix but turns out not to be. I can't list file extensions or suggest file names in the File Save Dialog. It's a known limitation in JavaFX right now. I'll look into adding code that adds the .xls extension after the fact if the user doesn't manually enter it.

Joe

Hi dsmith2189,

Thanks for confirming that Export is working for you in Windows.

The extension thing is an annoying bug that should be trivial to fix but turns out not to be. I can't list file extensions or suggest file names in the File Save Dialog. It's a known limitation in JavaFX right now. I'll look into adding code that adds the .xls extension after the fact if the user doesn't manually enter it.

Joe

Update - I ran VisibleTesla on my desktop Win7-64bit and ported over the log files from the laptop where I am having the problems and had no problems exporting on that platform. I also tested it on my XP Home Edition netbook and it worked there as well. By the way. I'm NOT having any issues with missing .xls extensions when I export on those two platforms. Clearly there is some weird juju going on with my laptop, so lets forget about its issue. - Ain't computers wonderful :)

Cheers
S85 | Black | Dual Chargers & HPWC | Tech | Air | Sub Zero

VisibleTesla 0.25.05

VisibleTesla 0.25.05 is available here or through the Help->Check for Updates menu item.

This is a fairly minor update.

VisibleTesla 0.25.05 [02-08-2014]
  • User-Visible Changes
    • General
    • Login
    • Overview
      • Refinement: Updates to the documentation.
      • Fix: The detection of Performance+ vehicles in the Details dialog is spotty. If a car has Performance+ wheels, it will be listed as Performance+ even if it is not otherwise tagged explicitly as a Performance+ model.
    • HVAC
      • Refinement: Two new values of State may be displayed: "Starting" and "NoPower".
    • Graphs
    • Trips
      • Refinement: Removed the "Experimental" label from the Snap to road? checkbox.
      • Refinement: The state of the Snap to road? checkbox is now remembered between runs of the application.
      • Fix: Minor changes to the way that location samples are collected in order to remove spurious samples where only the heading is changing.
    • Scheduler
      • Refinement: Some users asked that I add the ability to schedule more events. The current limit is 8 events and this has now been exapnded to 16. The list of events is now scrollable to accomodate the larger number of items.
    • Notify
      • Refinement: The Charge State Becomes option has two new choices: "Starting" and "NoPower".
    • Prefs
  • Under-the-covers
  • Known problems
    • Same as previous releases

FYI: I created the twitter handle @visibletesla

I created the twitter handle @visibletesla.

I doubt I'll post anything on twitter that is not posted in more detail here, but I thought I might as well grab it.

Joe

Now the pressure is on - I have to think of something to say :smile:

Well, you can tell them about the "Your Tesla is Sleeping" window that displays after you start VT and dismiss the initial "do you want to wake" window.
When I answered "No" the "Your Tesla is Sleeping" window displayed. (the login and Prefs Tabs were the only ones active) How do I hide the "Your Tesla is Sleeping" window so I can see what's on the active tabs (behind the pop-up window)?
When I shut down (without pressing wake) and restarted so I could be sure of the screens displayed (while writing this) my VT started right up with no "do you want to wake" warning window.

Well, you can tell them about the "Your Tesla is Sleeping" window that displays after you start VT and dismiss the initial "do you want to wake" window.
When I answered "No" the "Your Tesla is Sleeping" window displayed. (the login and Prefs Tabs were the only ones active) How do I hide the "Your Tesla is Sleeping" window so I can see what's on the active tabs (behind the pop-up window)?
When I shut down (without pressing wake) and restarted so I could be sure of the screens displayed (while writing this) my VT started right up with no "do you want to wake" warning window.

When the car is asleep and you choose not to wake it, you can't view the other tabs because doing so would wake the car thereby defeating the purpose. If you want to wake the car, just hit the wake button then you can view the other tabs.

If using VT in this mode woke your car, that's a bug and I'll have to find and fix it. Thanks for the report.

Joe