Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pros app for non-pros

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
I logged into my gateway wifi today and got this message
1688917919408.png

This is not a new app but it is new to me. I was able to log in as an External User using my Tesla account credentials. Once connected to the TEG wifi flows can be seen and the version can be checked and, like the car, a “check for a update” is available.
No update available here yet, waiting for the charge on solar feature.

Anyone else using this app instead of the local website?

Im fairly certain that Tesla is in the process of increasing security to prevent installer login by non installers to the tesla gateway, and will be requiring installers to use the Tesla pros app (instead of the current process of logging into the gateway as installer).

I dont think its intended for non tesla installers to get access to that app, as its likely to require a Tesla installer login (or account configured as installer).

I also dont know if there would be any way to prevent this being pushed to a system, since its more than likely tied to a gateway firmware update (other than trying to ensure your gateway had no connection to tesla and not letting it ever firmware update again).

@Gwgan do you still have an option to log into your local gateway as installer?

edit: See posts #10, 14,15, and 16 in this thread:

I swear I searched for a thread on this Pros app several ways before starting this thread.

@aesculus I connected to the gateway wifi with my phone then used Safari to log into the gateway 192.168.91.1 but before entering credentials I saw the above message about "a better way" and then just did that instead. There are two options to log in to the pros app, Tesla Employee and External User (meant for non-testa installer?) and I used the later.

I went back to check the web login options. Choosing Installer starts a process which requires powercycling the Powerwall, which I did not do. Per my recollection, an Installer login did not require a reboot before but did require the password printed on the Gateway label (last n digits as I recall). I logged in as Customer using my Tesla credentials without the Gateway password and could see the flow and some data about the system but no option to check for updates as in the pros app.

@aesculus I connected to the gateway wifi with my phone then used Safari to log into the gateway 192.168.91.1 but before entering credentials I saw the above message about "a better way" and then just did that instead. There are two options to log in to the pros app, Tesla Employee and External User (meant for non-testa installer?) and I used the later.
I don't see this. On 23.12.2

My gateway is attached via ethernet through a wireless extender. WiFi from the GW always disconnected and this is stable for me.

Just yesterday, I noticed my tablet, which I have had connected to the Gateway IP, (https://192.168.91.1), to monitor my system. It isn't connected anymore. When I tried to refresh it, I got the notice that it wasn't supported anymore and to install "Tesla Pros" from the play store, (Android Tablet). Has anyone else run into this? And how hard is it to set up the Tesla Pros app?

Just yesterday, I noticed my tablet, which I have had connected to the Gateway IP, (https://192.168.91.1), to monitor my system. It isn't connected anymore. When I tried to refresh it, I got the notice that it wasn't supported anymore and to install "Tesla Pros" from the play store, (Android Tablet). Has anyone else run into this? And how hard is it to set up the Tesla Pros app?
Click continue on the first screen. On the next screen (same as the pic in the first post of this thread) with the link to download Tesla Pros click "Upgrade Later" at the very bottom of the screen to get back to the old Tesla login. Credit goes to other form members for discovering this.