Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visiting Amsterdam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys

I’m gonna be driving my new MX to Amsterdam in October for a short city break and so far finding a hotel with free parking and a charger has been a challenge.

I’ve noticed there are a couple super chargers in the city which is good. So I’m now just looking for hotels with parking.

Just wanted to know what if any advice you have or places to visit, what’s good?

Stephen

Free parking in the city is not possibly unfortunately.
You can look for one of the hotels just shortly out of the city: Adagio hotel, Ammonite Hotel AMSTERDAM, Ibis Budget Hotel City South and Cityden. There are also some hotels with Destination Chargers like the Concious Hotels. Parking is not free though.

Hi Stephen,
There is no free parking in Amsterdam.
My advice, stay outside of Amsterdam, and visit the city by public transport (train). There is a Van der Valk hotel in Breukelen, that is in between Amsterdam and Utrecht, they have free parking and a lot of SuperCharging stalls. There is also a trainstation close by (walking distance). Then you can visit both Amsterdam and Utrecht by train within 15-30 minutes.

Utrecht is also worth visiting (if you like canals without tourists poking their selfiesticks in your eyes ;) )

Be careful if you want to park in “P+R Johan Cruyff Arena” (parking garage at the Ajax soccer stadium). The entrance of that garage will damage your wheels if you are not careful. The entrance is very narrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hbrink
When you are healthy and can walk I suggest what we always do. Park in Oosterdokparking, max 20€ a day and large spots and walk to the center in 15 minutes. Combine it with a hotel like VdV Breukelen, or any other outside of the city and you will have relaxed days. Was there last Thursday with my family to visit Rijksmuseum..

Reactions: Faiz71
Another option is to book a hotel at the “NDSM dock” Amsterdam-Noord. That area is new developed, visit the old Shell tower if you like. There is a rooftop swing, quite fun if you don’t fear hights :) There are some nice hotels in that area, Hilton Double Tree NDSM for example. I don’t know the parking rates, but you can check them with the hotel.

To visit Amsterdam City center you can take the ferry (free of charge), crossing “t IJ” to Amsterdam Central Station. There are tram lines to any direction, or go by foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
How short is short / which days? If you arrive Saturday evening and leave Monday morning, it could be cheaper to just park the car on the street in one of the areas with free Sunday parking.

Here is a map with all parking fees: https://kanadocumenten.amsterdam.nl...ichtskaart-parkeertarieven-april-2018-web.pdf

If it only says 'ma-za' paid parking is Monday - Saturday. If it also says 'zo', there is also paid parking on Sunday. Even near the popular museums you can find free Sunday parking.

There are lots of chargers in the city, no problem to find them, but they all need RFID activation. You can use a NewMotion or PlugSurfing RFID card for example.

Thanks guys keep the suggestions coming really appreciate it.

I was looking at the park hotel as they have destination charger but it’s like €65 a day parking. “No thanks” :)
The Park Hotel has an interesting parking garage, featuring an elevator, which was so narrow that I hesitated and left to avoid damaging my rims. Elevator had a very sharp curb edge. Was there for lunch and try their destination charger.. but no...
Then the other close by hotel Conservatorium, has a destination charger near the lobby area, only operated by and through valet.

The Park Hotel has an interesting parking garage, featuring an elevator, which was so narrow that I hesitated and left to avoid damaging my rims. Elevator had a very sharp curb edge. Was there for lunch and try their destination charger.. but no...
Then the other close by hotel Conservatorium, has a destination charger near the lobby area, only operated by and through valet.
Hmm, i lent out my tesla to some business partners grom Serbia, and they charged at the Park hotel. They told me about the ekevator. I didn’t check my rims yet...

Reactions: pvandamcom