TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Visitors to Brunswick County NC can benefit from free charging

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by X Fan, Jun 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

On a recent trip to Ocean Isle Beach I discovered that the local electric company has installed a free J1772 unit at the beach that has 30A. They also have installed units in the Northern and Southern parts of the county; North-Leland (in Brunswick Forest near Wilmington) and Calabash (a fast DC unit near SC border).

I was able to charge nicely before installing my home unit at OIB.

2. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

Hello again, X Fan. Would you recommend your electrician for a home charging station installation at Sunset Beach?

3. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Yes.....tesla recommended electrician out of Wilmington, Brian Meade ( [email protected] ) & 910-279-0652.

Reasonable pricing, great work!

• Helpful x 2
  4. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

I have never used the J1772 option. What is the rate of charge at the 30 amp stations?
    thanks

5. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

I got 17mph