Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visualization not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have HW3 on our 2020 Model X on version 2019.40.50.1, but I am not seeing the visualization(Stop sign, traffic lights, and line markings) that were suppose to come with this update for HW3 vehicles. Just wondering if I am missing something. Everything else appears to be working fine. Voice commands, and text messaging are working.

I have HW3 on our 2020 Model X on version 2019.40.50.1, but I am not seeing the visualization(Stop sign, traffic lights, and line markings) that were suppose to come with this update for HW3 vehicles. Just wondering if I am missing something. Everything else appears to be working fine. Voice commands, and text messaging are working.

Check its on .. in Driving screen I think, but it mentions where to turn it on in release notes.

Reactions: Ugoboy32

I made the same mistake and someone explained you turn it on in the visualizations under the autopilot menu and it worked. They are defaulted off. Good luck.

Reactions: Ugoboy32
With a bowed head and a shameful look on my face, I admit I did not read the release notes! Therefore I did not know it had to be turned on. I have now turned the feature on and will test tomorrow.
Thanks everyone for the information and getting me pointed in the right direction.

I'm fairly sure you need FSD for the visualizations.

You actually don't need FSD. You just need HW3 and you will be presented with traffic lights, stop signs, garbage cans, traffic cones, some street/line markings and surprisingly my basketball hoop shows up. By the way, all worthless since I can see all those things by looking out the window while I am driving. ;)

I downloaded 2019.40.50.7 a few days ago, turned on visualization, but it wasn't working. I picked up my X LR FSD in September, 2019. Teslafi reported that I have HW 2.5, which I didn't think was right. Found a youtube video about checking your HW version. Using VLC Media Player and your USB drive for recording video, you check to see which CODEC you have. according to the video, I had HW 2.5. That information is incorrect. I do have HW 3.0, confirmed by Tesla Service.

Scheduled a visit from Mobil Service, and within 1/2 hour, I had a phone call from tech support. They had me verify that visualization was on (it wasn't). Turned it on, and then they had me change from my profile to Easy Entry. Checked visualization, and it was turned off. Turned it on in the Easy Entry profile, and now it works. Previously, I was seeing traffic cones, but no traffic signals or stop signs. On the display, the signals are really tiny, but if you look carefully, you can see the lights are either red or green. Didn't notice if they ever show yellow. Very nice!

If they would just fix the Voice Commands, I'd be really happy.