Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VMSparser not reporting data after 7/21/21?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gregd

Dec 31, 2014
CM98
Hi folks,

Has anyone else noticed this? I grab a monthly log from my 2.0 Roadster, just to keep abreast of anything the car might be noticing, and to keep a historical record. I had done some driving on 7/27, 8/1, and today 8/2, but the log as seen by VMSParser.exe stops with a daily charge back on 7/21/21. None of the drives or daily charges after this are listed. The graphical parser (TeslaGLOP) does show the post-7/21 activity, so it appears that the log itself is ok. I checked just running the parser directly, and with the -p or -c options.

No alerts were recorded by the OVMSv3 monitor around that time.

What's magic about 7/21/2021 that might be confusing the VMSParser? Might there be something in the log on 7/22 that might be tripping it up?

hmmm...did you get hit with the GPS date failure? What is the current date showing?

That's a good suggestion, but the current VMSParser includes code to fix up the incorrect dates, so it would still work.
Thought of that. I already have the GPS fix, but double checked the date anyway. It's good. And the graphical tool works just fine, showing the drives, temps, and voltages through to when the log was pulled.

Is my car the only one behaving this way?

Hi folks; an update.

Took another monthly log today, and the problem remains. Sort of.

I did some poking around in the log file itself, and in the 'messages' file I see a set of kernel "out of memory, process killed" entries, followed by a message saying the VMS was rebooted. Date? 7/21...

Then I ran the VMS Parser, piped to 'more', just to see if there were any errors reported at the top, and Ha! The entries from 7/21 to the present are at the top of the report, instead of their usual chronological place at the bottom (which ends on 7/21). Those top entries are followed by the entries from November 2033 (erp?), followed by stuff from the car's birth in 2010. So, all the data is there, just not in the order expected.

I'm guessing the reboot moved some log pointers around, and the VMS Parser either isn't following them, or can't do much about the new ordering. At least I now know where to look.