Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR 22 model (windscreen wipers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just back from a trip to 15 mile Gloucester. Going the wipers where awful, but coming back they worked great! I guess it depends on what type of light is around. Going there was some sun behind clouds and coming back it was just cloudy, dark with lots of rain...
Anyway, I think getting the wipers to work properly with the cameras is just not not possible, no matter how much AI is thrown at solving it!

I received the below reply from Tesla (12 days after asking) . ..
The Auto Wiper feature is currently in Beta mode meaning the vehicle is still learning via the forward facing camera (snippet below for ease). If uncertain about using the Auto setting while in the BETA phase, Tesla recommends operating the wipers manually, as necessary.
How do I 'manually' operate the window wipers whilst travelling at speed on a Motorway when then sky opens up and I can't see what is front of me.
. Are they suggesting that I look away from the road and try and get my shaking hand to hit the right icon on a bouncing screen? . . . . DELUSIONAL

My reply to the Tesla email . . .

How do I 'manually' operate the window wipers whilst travelling at speed on a Motorway when then sky opens up and I can't see what is front of me. Are you suggesting that I look away from the road and try and get my shaking hand to hit the right icon on a bouncing screen? . . . .
When you say . . . Whilst we thank you for your feedback regarding Auto wiper feature, we have reviewed our systems and cannot see you have reported any concerns on the feature . . . the below email to you is ME REPORTING MY CONCERNS!!
You (Tesla / Elon Musk) are delusional in believing that the touch screen is anything other than DANGEROUS and is going to be the death of an owner (if that has not happened already). You should recall all Tesla cars and replace some of the vital functions from that screen to knobs and buttons.

I’m sure they’re taking that message very seriously, especially with those block capitals and multiple exclamation marks 🙃
Indeed - they'd be wasting their time considering the possibility should this cause me (or some other) to have an accident at some point in the future that I or others might use it in support of some joint action.

I received the below reply from Tesla (12 days after asking) . ..
The Auto Wiper feature is currently in Beta mode meaning the vehicle is still learning via the forward facing camera (snippet below for ease). If uncertain about using the Auto setting while in the BETA phase, Tesla recommends operating the wipers manually, as necessary.
How do I 'manually' operate the window wipers whilst travelling at speed on a Motorway when then sky opens up and I can't see what is front of me.
. Are they suggesting that I look away from the road and try and get my shaking hand to hit the right icon on a bouncing screen? . . . . DELUSIONAL
As has been stated, push the stalk button and then the left scroll wheel can toggle through the wiper settings. No need to take your hands off the steering wheel.