Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VREDESTEIN QUATRAC PRO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I am Dutch and I have used Vredestein Allseason tyres from 2010 to 2017 being the Quatrac 3 and Quatrac 5. After that I changed to the Goodyear vector 4 season Gen2 and this year I have Gen3 in front. SO I have no experience with the specific tyres you ask for. As it is a Dutch brand, it is very well known over here but surely also pretty well known among our neighbours in Germany and Scandinavia. But not so much elsewhere I guess.

I used them on driving 800 km from my town in NL to Malmö in Sweden every single km through a very snowy landscape (both 30 cm where I live as well as in Malmö). I mean 30 cm or more had fallen and large parts of the leftlane were untreated. Temperatures were well below freezing all the time too This was with the Quatac3 and I had no troubles. I also went into nearby mountains regularly: no problems. I did that more with the Quatrac 5.

I switched to Goodyear because these consistently among the very best and mostly the best allseason tyres in so many test over the last decade or so. I went last week to the Eifel and Ardennes with 40 cm of snow, at least 10-20 cm here and there on some roads in towns and villages. Compressed snow, powder. Steep hills or not: the tyres had no problems at all, but again the I never experienced anything like that either with the Vredestein I have to add.

One thing to note is that these allseason tyres seem to really perform very well (at least these two, but also Hankook for instance) under all circumstances. But I have noted that in tests with bigger tyres, things are clearly less rosey. So it is good for smaller and middle class cars, but if i would have lived in a country with seriously snowy winters and had a bigger tyres than. say, 16-17" I would not consider them but have winter and summer tyres. In NL first of all winters are warming up seriously and snow has become rare. We used to have about 25-30 days with a snowcover. if it is an average of 10 these years I think that would be on the high side. A problem is that winters are also more changable. So we used to have prolonged periods with daytime frosts and snow virtually ever winter. Now it is mostly a lot of rain from september to April. But we can have warm days now in March and snow in and ice in April. You cannot switch constantly from summer to winter tyres vice versa.

A long winded way I guess to say that these Quatrac Pro's are very likely a good choice if you have a climate with very changable weather including infrequent snowfalls and do not have a large car with large tyres. But even that is unfair: they are actually performing very solidly in very snowy conditions. Since they are also doing well in under all other circumstances I wholeheartedly recommend them.

After using these tires for a couple months all I can say is WOW. Had a couple snow storms and the tires feel amazing. On the dry ground they also handle great and are quiet. Drove in a lot of rain and it was like nothing. Really very pleased so far.

Reactions: casey1202
@Hayseed_MS

I put mine on 20 miles after buying the car new, so I can't compare to other tires. A Better Route Planner claims to calibrate the wH/mile reference value for an individual vehicle, and it currently shows 315 wH/mile for my vehicle compared to its default reference value of 298 wH/mile. I'm not sure how much of that is tires and how much is that most of the driving ABRP has witnessed has been in winter conditions (indeed, the individually calibrated number was in the 290s until the past week, which has featured more snow-covered roads).

Read what I said again. I never said HE shouldn't do it. He was asking for an opinion and I gave it. I guess I'm not entitled to say anything unless it's what he wants to hear or unless I sugar coat it as to not offend? Where am I disagreeing with the OP's initial post?
No, you basically say that just because YOU never heard of them, they shouldn’t be worth consideration. Awfully pompous of you. And if so many of your posts have a “tone” it’s a you thing, not the rest of us thing. Congrats on being my first 👎🏻

Reactions: AZP85