Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wading depth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there folks, How deep can a Model X go trough water? I'm not referring to flooded roads but to river crossings (Iceland). Meaning the car will be "underwater" for maximum half a minute. So how deep of a river (or standing water) can I cross with a model X?

I have been to Iceland and rented a 4wd there and drove most off the long inland routes. I would take my X there not because off the water but the rock that are everywhere including in the river crossings. I would be afraid to damage the battery.

People have driven their Tesla out of underground parking lots which was flooding in San Francisco few months ago due to heavy rain. But the parking lots don't have stones or sharp unseen edges of projections. So the real danger is unseen rocks under water. The Tesla being heavy for its size does not float easily in water ( compared to similar size vehicles), but as @Camelroel pointed out the real danger to the battery from rocks.