Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait For Non-Foundation Series?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got the email to order my cybertruck but don't want foundation series... what's the process to hold off until the normal versions ship without cancelling my order entirely? Service and sales phone nobody answers and the order page has no option to hold off on foundation series.

Reactions: gillfoto
So I just got the email to order my cybertruck but don't want foundation series... what's the process to hold off until the normal versions ship without cancelling my order entirely? Service and sales phone nobody answers and the order page has no option to hold off on foundation series.
You can ignore it and hold your place in line. I have been resisting hitting the order button for almost 3 months.

Or relax knowing that you are smart enough to not waste $20,000 just so that you can be first in your neighborhood.
That's really $27,500. with the forfeiture of the tax credit.

Then, there is no guarantee that the price will remain under $80k. If there are thousands of customers willing to pay more, why reduce the price? Customer loyalty is not one of Tesla's strong suites. There is NO Public Relations Department. When I asked for a local delivery, and reminded them it was my 9th Tesla. Their response was "So?". When I was in Thailand and they notified me that I had three days to pick up my Model Y, no amount of begging would change that. They said, "Pick it up or it will go to the next person in line." I returned early.

Is there any guarantee that Tesla might not just query the entire list of reservation holders in search of FOUNDATION SERIES customers? A good business model would do just that, especially to fill the coffers. In that case, one might be waiting for another two years or more.

Even if Tesla starts offering the dual-motor Cybertruck at the end of 2024, as some suggest, it will depend on where in line one might be on the reservation list. I reserved on the sixth day after the announcement and I was number 193,343. My truck is scheduled for delivery between 1 Apr and 1 Jun, so I scooted by thousands of people who were offered the FOUNDATION SERIES and declined. My friend reserved on the fourth day after the announcement, (number 70,162). He just received his VIN and his delivery is next week.

Current estimates are that Tesla is making 1,000 Cybertrucks a week, so I apparently slid by 193 weeks (that's 3.7 years) of non-Foundation reservations.
Even at their max volume goal of 4,000 units a week, that's a long, long wait. You can get a Rivian in 1-2 months

I will be paying for my Cybertruck with the money I made on Tesla Stock several years ago, so it is not really a "waste" for me. Many years ago, my young Lieutenant friend with his nice new yellow Corvette always said. "If you don't have a vehicle that will turn a few heads, why have one?"

Say you reserved in 2022 or 2023. Without bursting anyone's bubble, I don't even want to do the math on that one. The bulk of the remaining orders will be dual-motor. I am not sure that the single motor will ever see the light of day. So starting at the top of the list, let's say 1,000,000 reservations (not even 2), will be out there. Imagine the wait. By that time, you should be in line for a flying car.

Remember the $30,000 Model 3. Some people are still waiting for that one.

I am sure the price will drop with volume, but the resale is also not to shabby at present. Used 2024 Tesla Cybertruck for Sale in Orlando, FL (with Photos) - CarGurus I sold my first Model Y after two years for $8000 more than I paid for it, and I have no reason to believe that I won't make back the $27,000 if I decide to sell after two years. There will still be a million people who want one.

I understand that it depends on each individual's situation, needs, and finances and I respect that. I crunched the numbers and decided I didn't want to sit back, relax, and wait for two or more years.

That's really $27,500. with the forfeiture of the tax credit.

Then, there is no guarantee that the price will remain under $80k. If there are thousands of customers willing to pay more, why reduce the price? Customer loyalty is not one of Tesla's strong suites. There is NO Public Relations Department. When I asked for a local delivery, and reminded them it was my 9th Tesla. Their response was "So?". When I was in Thailand and they notified me that I had three days to pick up my Model Y, no amount of begging would change that. They said, "Pick it up or it will go to the next person in line." I returned early.

Is there any guarantee that Tesla might not just query the entire list of reservation holders in search of FOUNDATION SERIES customers? A good business model would do just that, especially to fill the coffers. In that case, one might be waiting for another two years or more.

Even if Tesla starts offering the dual-motor Cybertruck at the end of 2024, as some suggest, it will depend on where in line one might be on the reservation list. I reserved on the sixth day after the announcement and I was number 193,343. My truck is scheduled for delivery between 1 Apr and 1 Jun, so I scooted by thousands of people who were offered the FOUNDATION SERIES and declined. My friend reserved on the fourth day after the announcement, (number 70,162). He just received his VIN and his delivery is next week.

Current estimates are that Tesla is making 1,000 Cybertrucks a week, so I apparently slid by 193 weeks (that's 3.7 years) of non-Foundation reservations.
Even at their max volume goal of 4,000 units a week, that's a long, long wait. You can get a Rivian in 1-2 months

I will be paying for my Cybertruck with the money I made on Tesla Stock several years ago, so it is not really a "waste" for me. Many years ago, my young Lieutenant friend with his nice new yellow Corvette always said. "If you don't have a vehicle that will turn a few heads, why have one?"

Say you reserved in 2022 or 2023. Without bursting anyone's bubble, I don't even want to do the math on that one. The bulk of the remaining orders will be dual-motor. I am not sure that the single motor will ever see the light of day. So starting at the top of the list, let's say 1,000,000 reservations (not even 2), will be out there. Imagine the wait. By that time, you should be in line for a flying car.

Remember the $30,000 Model 3. Some people are still waiting for that one.

I am sure the price will drop with volume, but the resale is also not to shabby at present. Used 2024 Tesla Cybertruck for Sale in Orlando, FL (with Photos) - CarGurus I sold my first Model Y after two years for $8000 more than I paid for it, and I have no reason to believe that I won't make back the $27,000 if I decide to sell after two years. There will still be a million people who want one.

I understand that it depends on each individual's situation, needs, and finances and I respect that. I crunched the numbers and decided I didn't want to sit back, relax, and wait for two or more years.
"Customer loyalty is not one of Tesla's strong suites."

Not according to a report posted in the news today. Its top 5!
Tesla loyalty.png

"Customer loyalty is not one of Tesla's strong suites."

Not according to a report posted in the news today. Its top 5!View attachment 1033950

Sorry, I'm not talking about "Brand Loyalty", which is obviously high, or I wouldn't be on my 9th Tesla and many others wouldn't be repeat purchasers.

I am referring to probably what is better stated as "reward for customer loyalty". Honoring or rewarding customers who have been loyal to the brand. Tesla employees aren't even offered discounts on Teslas. As you know from calling and calling, Tesla does not have a Customer Care Department, nor do they have a Public Relations Department, nor do they advertise, because, to date, they haven't had to.

Basically, they don't care, as long as they have customers waiting in the wings.

As sales of the general fleet have decreased, even Musk has softened on his anti-advertising stance. https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-dives-into-advertising-after-years-of-resistance-87810a4b

When it pinches the wallet (namely his), all sorts of accommodations can be made. Perhaps someday there may even be rewards for "customer loyalty", but as of right now, they could care less about repeated calls to service and sales regarding Cybertruck reservations. Thank goodness this forum can provide at least some information. Why don't they care? Because the reservation line in front of you and behind you is so long it stretches to STARMAN.
1711914550956.png

It's just business.

That attitude doesn't apply to service, however, at least in my part of the country. The few times I have needed service, it has been remarkable and above all standards I have experienced with any other brand.

Reactions: carpendj
Sorry, I'm not talking about "Brand Loyalty", which is obviously high, or I wouldn't be on my 9th Tesla and many others wouldn't be repeat purchasers.

I am referring to probably what is better stated as "reward for customer loyalty". Honoring or rewarding customers who have been loyal to the brand. Tesla employees aren't even offered discounts on Teslas. As you know from calling and calling, Tesla does not have a Customer Care Department, nor do they have a Public Relations Department, nor do they advertise, because, to date, they haven't had to.

Basically, they don't care, as long as they have customers waiting in the wings.

As sales of the general fleet have decreased, even Musk has softened on his anti-advertising stance. https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-dives-into-advertising-after-years-of-resistance-87810a4b

When it pinches the wallet (namely his), all sorts of accommodations can be made. Perhaps someday there may even be rewards for "customer loyalty", but as of right now, they could care less about repeated calls to service and sales regarding Cybertruck reservations. Thank goodness this forum can provide at least some information. Why don't they care? Because the reservation line in front of you and behind you is so long it stretches to STARMAN.
View attachment 1033968
It's just business.

That attitude doesn't apply to service, however, at least in my part of the country. The few times I have needed service, it has been remarkable and above all standards I have experienced with any other brand.
My mistake. I miss understood your original post. I am in full agreement with you!

Reactions: Fairchild