Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine yesterday- first one at the Albuquerque location to be delivered. Was not smooth- New Mexico sales tax was not added. It took about an hour and a half to get it sorted out. I was first to be checked in, but the other 5 people behind me also had to wait. Gaps were acceptable, the inside of the windshield was fogged with outgassing fron the plastic interior. I’ll take care of that myself. I recommend getting the extendable windshield cleaning microfiber setups- about $15 on Amazon…
Great to hear a lot of you getting VIN numbers and deliveries.
But how long are you waiting after paying the thousand dollar deposit and configuring and securing financing to get your VIN? & VIN to delivery/payment?

Delivery day arrived. Didn’t exactly go as planned. 😥

Drove a lap around the building, completed the paperwork and then pulled out into the street heard a click noise from the rear end and when I straightened the wheel to go down the road. The steering wheel was cocked to the right about 10 deg. Let go of the wheel and the truck turned left as the wheel straightened out.

Went around the block and went back to the service center. Told them about it and got a tech and we drove around the idling and he said yea, this isn’t right.

About an hour later they told me that they couldn’t see any error codes and would put it on the lift and do an alignment.

2 hours later they took it for a test drive and told me it was a lot better but still off a little at highway speeds and started giving me options. I asked if I could take the tech for a ride. It did seem a little off above 55. I said I could live with that for a week to get it into a service center that was much closer to my house.

On the way home on the turnpike it seemed to be perfectly aligned. I let them know and asked to cancel the alignment appointment, but still keep that slot so the retailer can wet sand the truck to do the proper detail on it. The west Chester detailer is out this week.

The heavy rain while driving home seemed to remove the rust specs from the hood too. Will see tomorrow after it dries.

Love the truck.

Also there were 3 more trucks waiting to be delivered and a carrier pulled in while I was waiting with 2 more on it.

Looks like some PA/DE/ NJ folks are finally getting some love from Austin.

Picked mine up in NJ and drove home to NH. They claimed I’m second in NH only to an employee. I had mixed feelings on the truck and wasn’t sure about taking delivery.

The truck is incredible. Drives like a dream, better than an S in my opinion. I’m honestly floored by how good it is. Also fits in garage just fine. 1 foot in front and can easily get around back even with tailgate down. Not as tight as it appears here. More later..

IMG_4699.jpeg

Reactions: Yelobird
Picked mine up in NJ and drove home to NH. They claimed I’m second in NH only to an employee. I had mixed feelings on the truck and wasn’t sure about taking delivery.

The truck is incredible. Drives like a dream, better than an S in my opinion. I’m honestly floored by how good it is. Also fits in garage just fine. 1 foot in front and can easily get around back even with tailgate down. Not as tight as it appears here. More later..

View attachment 1037904
I am curious as what were your mixed feelings? how it looked/reduced specs from 2019 ... I think the CT is going to be a blockbuster but still not sure .. i I take a mixed feeling converted into " truck is incredible. Drives like a dream, better than an S in my opinion. I’m honestly floored by how good it is" a real good signal

View attachment 1037904

What are your garage dimension? My garage is only 20x20 and this is a concern of mine. My other car would be a Model Y.