Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you have to have held 500 or more shares from 2/28/2021 through 2/29/2024 and prove it ... but i have not gotten a VIN yet
I’ve had over 500 for a long time but fortunately I sold a bunch much higher so I’m not eligible. 😂 I got the email today but luckily I already have my VIN.

As far as PowerShare I got this email today. FWiW I have a gateway 2 and 3 powerwall 2s. What exactly is the equipment I’m not getting? Just a wall charger?

Thank you for completing the Powershare Home Backup survey.

Since you have Powerwall installed, your home is already on the way to being fully configured for Powershare Home Backup functionality but may require additional home charging equipment to complete your set up.

To finalize your setup, your home charging needs to be backed up by your Powerwall. Home Backup is compatible with any home charging unit, but 240V charging will provide the best experience. Our recommended home charging solutions are Wall Connectoror Universal Wall Connector. Home Backup will be available with a software update expected in June. In the meantime, you will still be able to charge your Cybertruck at home.

In place of the Home Backup equipment, we’ll be providing you with a one-time use $700 Tesla Shop voucher. You can use this to purchase home charging to complete your Home Backup setup – or to purchase other charging equipment, apparel, accessories and more. This voucher can only be used once and any unused balance remaining after the transaction will be forfeited. This will be provided to you within two weeks after your Cybertruck delivery.

The Tesla Team”

I’ve had over 500 for a long time but fortunately I sold a bunch much higher so I’m not eligible. 😂 I got the email today but luckily I already have my VIN.

As far as PowerShare I got this email today. FWiW I have a gateway 2 and 3 powerwall 2s. What exactly is the equipment I’m not getting? Just a wall charger?

Since you have Powerwall installed, your home is already on the way to being fully configured for Powershare Home Backup functionality but may require additional home charging equipment to complete your set up.

To finalize your setup, your home charging needs to be backed up by your Powerwall. Home Backup is compatible with any home charging unit, but 240V charging will provide the best experience. Our recommended home charging solutions are Wall Connectoror Universal Wall Connector. Home Backup will be available with a software update expected in June. In the meantime, you will still be able to charge your Cybertruck at home.

In place of the Home Backup equipment, we’ll be providing you with a one-time use $700 Tesla Shop voucher. You can use this to purchase home charging to complete your Home Backup setup – or to purchase other charging equipment, apparel, accessories and more. This voucher can only be used once and any unused balance remaining after the transaction will be forfeited. This will be provided to you within two weeks after your Cybertruck delivery.

The Tesla Team”
I just got the same email but no VIN.

The Tesla Team”
I would have qualified as well but sold in the summer at a much higher value but I already took delivery so I don’t feel bad for selling my shares.

• Love
Reactions: phantasms

The Tesla Team”
the powershare home backup HW is only worth $700? seems low

You had 500+? Nice. You should get a vin fast then. On another note, i picked up my Y lease today and watched a CT get delivered here in NY. Reservation number was 112750827
been accumulating TSLA since 2017 when I got my Model S so yes >> 500 (xx,xxx) shares after splits ... it is only reason i am getting Foundation CT... I think of it as giving back to the cause.

TSLA is a stock to accumulate over long time horizon by DCA , some shares will be cheap 2017-2020, some shares will be expensive 2021-2022 , then cheap again 2023-2024 ... still a good long term bet ... with FSD, compact car, energy , bot revenue still not accounted for in stock price

The Tesla Team”
In the Powershare Home Backup survey, do you recall if it asked what type of gateway you have? Reason I'm asking is I have a v1 Gateway (the plain grey box one) with v2 Powerwalls. I'm wondering if the v1 Gateway is functionally any different for PowerShare purposes. Has anyone found any definitive information regarding this?

Last edited:
Yeah that was my gut. What does someone get who has zero Tesla energy products? I assume a wall charger and a gateway at least, no? I guess the positive of this is I won’t have to pay for any installation work.
wall charger and a gateway is my understanding ... i plan to set it up in my upstate cabin .. which does lose power ... and does not have any power backup currently

They asked me if I had any tesla shares in 2021, then at least 500 on 2/29/2024. I completed the survey, but later got invited. I don't know if it was correlated.

I did get an email a few days ago asking to provide docs on the TSLA shares. I provided, but haven't heard back.

Deposit paid, waiting on VIN.

Reactions: DBeckwith
First 4 Cybertrucks delivered in Pittsburgh yesterday. Foundation dual motors

IMG_4366.jpeg
IMG_4371.jpeg
IMG_4379.jpeg
IMG_4382.jpeg
IMG_4387.jpeg

Got mine yesterday- first one at the Albuquerque location to be delivered. Was not smooth- New Mexico sales tax was not added. It took about an hour and a half to get it sorted out. I was first to be checked in, but the other 5 people behind me also had to wait. Gaps were acceptable, the inside of the windshield was fogged with outgassing fron the plastic interior. I’ll take care of that myself. I recommend getting the extendable windshield cleaning microfiber setups- about $15 on Amazon…