Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for pick up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was wondering how were others experience when picking up their vehicle? Did someone contact you a couple days before picking up or mostly were contacted the day before picking up?

I had a very short time frame to pick up the vehicle and its kind of frustrating how they couldn’t contact me a couple days in advance. Basically went mia since the day of ordering and then got a random text if I was available to pick up the next day. I couldn’t hold the vehicle, so now I’m waiting for a new vin in hopes this time they’ll be able to contact me sooner

It has been disappointing. On June 10, I got a text with a link to pick a delivery date. I picked June 24 at 4 pm. Two days ago, while checking my account I noticed that the delivery was changed for Sunday June 21, at 10 am without my knowledge. Even though it got me excited to be able to get my car sooner, it meant I had to make some arrangements for some other appointments to fit my scheduled; but I made it work. Today I called the service center to try to confirm the appointment, since nobody at Tesla had contacted me so far. I was told that the car is in Alabama at this time, and that it looks like it will be delayed for some time next week. The person I talked to pledge that someone will call me when they have an update, but he was sooooo in a rush to hang up on me. I wasn't even done telling him how unfortunate the process has been, that he utter "have a good day sir". I mean, I am giving them $52000 of my hard earn money. Be more understanding, patient, and communicate with your clients, FFS!!

The delivery process is rather frustrating. Received a demand email to complete some things and pickup my Tesla June 20 or it would be released to someone else and I would not be put on the waitlist until Aug 1 with a September delivery. I jumped through the hoops quickly and still have not received a pickup time for tomorrow.

It has been disappointing. On June 10, I got a text with a link to pick a delivery date. I picked June 24 at 4 pm. Two days ago, while checking my account I noticed that the delivery was changed for Sunday June 21, at 10 am without my knowledge. Even though it got me excited to be able to get my car sooner, it meant I had to make some arrangements for some other appointments to fit my scheduled; but I made it work. Today I called the service center to try to confirm the appointment, since nobody at Tesla had contacted me so far. I was told that the car is in Alabama at this time, and that it looks like it will be delayed for some time next week. The person I talked to pledge that someone will call me when they have an update, but he was sooooo in a rush to hang up on me. I wasn't even done telling him how unfortunate the process has been, that he utter "have a good day sir". I mean, I am giving them $52000 of my hard earn money. Be more understanding, patient, and communicate with your clients, FFS!!

Exactly! it’s not a cheap vehicle so the least they can do is be accommodating. Not everyone is sitting around just waiting for a text to go pick it up and frankly it sucks to have a day planned out to pick up the car and then things change because of “reasons” on their end.

Reactions: Arctic_White
The delivery process is rather frustrating. Received a demand email to complete some things and pickup my Tesla June 20 or it would be released to someone else and I would not be put on the waitlist until Aug 1 with a September delivery. I jumped through the hoops quickly and still have not received a pickup time for tomorrow.
On the same boat. Im suppose to be expecting a text soon but so far its been silent... I’m assuming ill get a random text again where they’ll give me a small time frame to pick up the car.

I am proud to announce that I did get my new Tesla Model 3 today, after they told me that it was going to be delayed. I am so happy that the vehicle is 99% perfect. I have not found any defect so far, and I have been checking for panel gaps, stuff not aligned, etc. It only had 5 miles in the odometer, and It even came with the wireless charging pad and USB-C ports in the back. Next, I will take the car to get a detail, PPF and ceramic coating. I am like, ahhhhh, yes!!!!

Attachments

• optimus.jpg
    optimus.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Love
Reactions: Chile25
I am proud to announce that I did get my new Tesla Model 3 today, after they told me that it was going to be delayed. I am so happy that the vehicle is 99% perfect. I have not found any defect so far, and I have been checking for panel gaps, stuff not aligned, etc. It only had 5 miles in the odometer, and It even came with the wireless charging pad and USB-C ports in the back. Next, I will take the car to get a detail, PPF and ceramic coating. I am like, ahhhhh, yes!!!!

Congratulations on your new vehicle!! I’m picking mine up tomorrow (hopefully), so i hope it will also be defect-free. What was the charge on your battery when you picked it up and did they rush you in the process of inspecting it?

Congratulations on your new vehicle!! I’m picking mine up tomorrow (hopefully), so i hope it will also be defect-free. What was the charge on your battery when you picked it up and did they rush you in the process of inspecting it?
It had like 280 miles of charge. For the inspection, they brought the car all the way to the street side of the service center. I guess because of the times, they do not bring you inside the service center for the delivery. The Tesla representative told me to take my time, take pictures and let him know if there were any issues or defects, and he did not finish the delivery on his end until I told him the car was good. So far the only issue I have is that the steering wheel is a little misaligned. But I already set up a mobile service appointment. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Chile25