Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting on CPO conditioning: what to look for on inspection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I put a deposit down on a CPO on 2/11 and have been reading through all the great threads about the CPO process. Apart from not getting too attached to any dates Tesla gives, I was wondering if anyone has advice on what to look for throughout the process and/or upon inspection for pickup. I just asked my DS for the pre-refurb checklist so I know what has been worked on, but anything else that may not be captured?

Specs:
2014 60 kWh ~23k miles
Metallic gray
Tech package w/autopilot 1
19 inch wheels
Standard susupension

I've been through the CPO process twice now. I'd suggest running a carfax on your own. Cheap enough and can't hurt to have it. If you are close to the Service Center where you are going to pick up the car, I'd have a chat with your delivery guy and ask him to let you know when the car gets there after the bodyshop is done with it, so you can stop down to look it over. That would give you at least a few days before you finalize your deal to inspect the car. Keep an open mind since it won't have been detailed yet and some stuff may look rough.

I've been through the CPO process twice now. I'd suggest running a carfax on your own. Cheap enough and can't hurt to have it. If you are close to the Service Center where you are going to pick up the car, I'd have a chat with your delivery guy and ask him to let you know when the car gets there after the bodyshop is done with it, so you can stop down to look it over. That would give you at least a few days before you finalize your deal to inspect the car. Keep an open mind since it won't have been detailed yet and some stuff may look rough.
Thanks for the input. The DS provided a copy of the CarFax with the purchase receipt but it did look a little older (it cited 537 miles at the last OD reading). I’ll get another copy for myself. My DS also said that he’s getting a list of work from the SC for me to review. Looks like delivery is going to be later this week!

Since it's a 60, you may already know this but in case you didn't, supercharging and/or DC charging (ChaDeMo) was optional on original 60's, so if you are counting on it, make sure it has it or at least you get it in writing (or the cost to activate is $1,900 for DC or $2,500 for DC+supercharging).

Since it's a 60, you may already know this but in case you didn't, supercharging and/or DC charging (ChaDeMo) was optional on original 60's, so if you are counting on it, make sure it has it or at least you get it in writing (or the cost to activate is $1,900 for DC or $2,500 for DC+supercharging).
This particular MS was listed as free supercharging, which isn’t a super big deal in Hawaii (very few superchargers here so far), but definitely a bonus for when I move back to the mainland. Thanks for the tip!