Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my starship. Thank you to my 7 seater brothers and sisters. You made the wait bearable. Yours is coming, and it is absolutely worth it!

Attachments

• PXL_20220824_235704940_2.jpg
    PXL_20220824_235704940_2.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 123
  • PXL_20220824_235355330_2.jpg
    PXL_20220824_235355330_2.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 94
Hello, finally got my vin number this morning and set a delivery date for this Sunday at Costa Mesa, Ca. Ordered last year July, black on black, no FSD, 20 inch rims.

I had originally ordered this vehicle on my own at home, but with this constant shifting of the delivery dates, I decided to go to a physical Tesla location since I didn't have any representative of my own whom I could call/text. At the tesla location, apparently the worker I spoke to was able to write "delivery now/asap"'on their system and soon after my vin appeared just a couple days after. Not sure if it was coincidental or he had actually made a difference, but it's worth a shot.
Hi, I'm also from the same area and my EDD is currently Sept 13 - Oct 18. Just wondering, once you get Vinned, do they give you the option to select home delivery or pickup location? I haven't had any contact with Tesla since ordering and have no idea how delivery day will go.

Hi, I'm also from the same area and my EDD is currently Sept 13 - Oct 18. Just wondering, once you get Vinned, do they give you the option to select home delivery or pickup location? I haven't had any contact with Tesla since ordering and have no idea how delivery day will go.
Hello, I think in the beginning of the process, it gave you your "preferred pick up location". Wherever you selected, will be the place of delivery. I was given no option of home deliveries or anything, it was just that specific location and I was able to select the day of delivery (only gave 3 days to choose from). As I stated before, I've had no contact from tesla whatsoever, except for an email that asked if I was "ready" and my delivery date is near by.

Reactions: Miguel Sanchez
Hello, I think in the beginning of the process, it gave you your "preferred pick up location". Wherever you selected, will be the place of delivery. I was given no option of home deliveries or anything, it was just that specific location and I was able to select the day of delivery (only gave 3 days to choose from). As I stated before, I've had no contact from tesla whatsoever, except for an email that asked if I was "ready" and my delivery date is near by.
Same

Any way to find out where you chose? I honestly don't remember if I selected anything at the beginning. And it's been a very long time... Lol

When the wheels are perfectly aligned (all pointing in the correct direction), rolling resistance is minimized, thus reducing energy consumption. It is actually quite impactful. In my case, the caster angle was off on one front wheel. Correcting it, reduced my energy consumption by almost twenty percent. Mind you the vehicle felt fine and drove completely straight. The only thing wrong was that my energy consumption was high. It was actually higher than my 2018 I traded in. The 2022 uses different tech motors (permanent magnet), and should have been significantly less than my 2018.

Perfectly straight while at speed which is not the same as at rest on the alignment rack. For instance, on my P85D, the best fuel economy I got was with slight negative total toe(or toe out). At static freeway speed of say 70 mph, the car turns into a front wheel drive only which pulls the wheels forward slightly ahead of static resulting in that negative toe becoming less negative or even positive. What you want is the negative toe that becomes zero when you're at static speed on the highway.

Perfectly straight while at speed which is not the same as at rest on the alignment rack. For instance, on my P85D, the best fuel economy I got was with slight negative total toe(or toe out). At static freeway speed of say 70 mph, the car turns into a front wheel drive only which pulls the wheels forward slightly ahead of static resulting in that negative toe becoming less negative or even positive. What you want is the negative toe that becomes zero when you're at static speed on the highway.
So what do I tell my alignment guy?

Congratulations. How was the dealership experience.
Like many have posted, neutral to negative. I wasn't expecting cartwheels for buying the car, but I got a lot of apathy and the overall sense that I was inconveniencing the agent at every turn. Had ordered in May 2021 so was expecting a referral supercharging credit, but you would have thought I was trying to rob the place.

Tesla: "We don't do that anymore..."
Me: "But you did in May 2021, and I was assured twice while I waited a year and a half that it was still going to happen."
Crickets.
Tesla: "Who told you that?"
Me: Several agents here and at the Westmont store"
Tesla: "Do you remember their names, blood type, or favorite songs?"
Me: "No"
Tesla: "That credit only equates to $30.'"
Me: "Exactly, so why is this a big deal?"
Tesla: "I'll have my manager call you."

We are still waiting for the call that will never come.

The car has a small scratch on the side and a bit of a trim issue with the right side FWD. Overall I got a good one! The car is just amazing!

Like many have posted, neutral to negative. I wasn't expecting cartwheels for buying the car, but I got a lot of apathy and the overall sense that I was inconveniencing the agent at every turn. Had ordered in May 2021 so was expecting a referral supercharging credit, but you would have thought I was trying to rob the place.

Tesla: "We don't do that anymore..."
Me: "But you did in May 2021, and I was assured twice while I waited a year and a half that it was still going to happen."
Crickets.
Tesla: "Who told you that?"
Me: Several agents here and at the Westmont store"
Tesla: "Do you remember their names, blood type, or favorite songs?"
Me: "No"
Tesla: "That credit only equates to $30.'"
Me: "Exactly, so why is this a big deal?"
Tesla: "I'll have my manager call you."

We are still waiting for the call that will never come.

The car has a small scratch on the side and a bit of a trim issue with the right side FWD. Overall I got a good one! The car is just amazing!
Thanks for the heads up. I will be picking up at the same location and hope it is soon. Did you receive mobile charger.

Finally VIN'd myself! hells yea
black, creme interior, 7 seater, 20"wheels, with FSD.
Ordered August 2022. located in Southern Cali.
Hold email 7/25/22. delayed multiple times, then final EDD window shrank 1 week ago to 8/30-9/18 (previously 8/23-9/22, and 8/16-922 for a while before that...).
VIN 7SAXCAE5XNF3590xx (shout out to all other 359's out there!)
new EDD after VIN'd, 8/30-9/3.
Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel!