Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wake up with VIN disappeared Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey guys - if your vin has disappeared, have you signed any paperwork from Tesla?
Really should read the docs BEFORE you sign them :rolleyes:
Right there on page one of your purchase agreement - your VIN
Right there on page two of your purchase agreement, under description of property - your VIN
Also on your trade in doc if you're doing that
Also on your delivery declaration

Panic over, you can get your insurance etc etc
Nothing to see here. Move along, move along

Reactions: noicepls
hey guys - if your vin has disappeared, have you signed any paperwork from Tesla?
Really should read the docs BEFORE you sign them :rolleyes:
Right there on page one of your purchase agreement - your VIN
Right there on page two of your purchase agreement, under description of property - your VIN
Also on your trade in doc if you're doing that
Also on your delivery declaration

Panic over, you can get your insurance etc etc
Nothing to see here. Move along, move along

What's the proper name/title of the purchase agreement document and does it specify name(s) of owner(s) and not just the name of the individual who ordered the car? Also, what's this delivery declaration document say? Most (if not all) of us here have not experienced an actual Model 3 delivery yet, hence the unknowns! Can you upload redacted copy of your purchase agreement?

Last edited:
Reactions: navguy12
What's the proper name/title of the purchase agreement document and does it specify name(s) of owner(s) and not just the name of the individual who ordered the car? Also, what's this delivery declaration document say? Most (if not all) of us here have not experienced an actual Model 3 delivery yet, hence the unknowns! Can you upload redacted copy of your purchase agreement?
It’s the motor vehicle purchase agreement.
You’ll get a simple version as soon as you order.
But as when you get your vin and your ISA contacts you they will send your agreement doc for you to sign.
That’s the doc with your vin.
I was getting a loan so had to send that same doc to the bank to finalize the loan, so the vin must be locked in at that point.

Reactions: noicepls
It’s the motor vehicle purchase agreement.
You’ll get a simple version as soon as you order.
But as when you get your vin and your ISA contacts you they will send your agreement doc for you to sign.
That’s the doc with your vin.
I was getting a loan so had to send that same doc to the bank to finalize the loan, so the vin must be locked in at that point.

I wouldn't mind you posted a redacted version of that as well. I have a purchase order agreement and a VIN#, but no contact from anyone. The purchase order agreement has signature lines at the bottom, but there's no evident way of signing then uploading them somewhere.

Reactions: navguy12