Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk away honk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i haven’t placed an order yet, still collecting info. I have seen mention of the “walk away honk” when the doors lock. I know this is optional, but am still surprised to hear it is a honk, which, on other cars I have found to be noisy, particularly at night. I far prefer the soft electronic beep that many cars transitioned to as the notification sound. Certainly audible, but far less disturbing. Is the honk the same as pressing the horn, and is there an option for an alternate notification sound?

Robb

My wife and I both prefer it given the need to just walk away from the car to lock it. We always seem to be looking back to see if the lights blink and mirrors fold, but with the very gentle beep, it's much more reassuring. I don't find it overly loud in my garage either.

Reactions: RTPEV
My previous car had a loud honk when arming. This is a fraction of that sound, it's very subtle and easy on the ears. When it's noisy outside, if you don't listen for it, you may not hear it. I doubt you'll have a problem with Model 3's lock notification.