Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger red light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wall charger is blinking a red light 4 times. What does that mean?

A quick google search for "Tesla Wall connector error codes" turns up the manual for it which is here:

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...ng/Gen3_WallConnector_Installation_Manual.pdf

quickly scanning that document, I find:

=================

Four (4) red blinks Internet connection lost, online features disabled Check for objects that could interfere with the area's Wi-Fi signal strength. Confirm that the local Wi-Fi router is operational. If the Wi-Fi password was changed recently, follow the commissioning process on your mobile device to update the Wi-Fi settings.
=================

Side note, this likely took me about the same amount of time to look up as it took me to make this post.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...bile_connector_owners_manual_32_amp_en_US.pdf

in this document:

=======================

Streaming 4 flashes Charging current is reduced due to high temperature detected in the wall plug. Make sure the power outlet is suitable for charging and that the plug is seated correctly. Consider connecting to a different outlet. If uncertain, ask your electrician.
=======================

EDIT... since the other post was likely removed by moderators I am editing this one while I can.

The above document has information about the mobile connector. If the part I copied doesnt work, the rest of the error codes are in there

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rocky_H
Yup,i ask a question, someone comes with a snarky reply and my response is the one censored. Go figure.
If everyone who asked a question was told to go look it up,it only takes a minute,then we wouldn't need forums. But then again where would we get our answers from? Ohhh,thats right,from previously asked questions.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...bile_connector_owners_manual_32_amp_en_US.pdf

in this document:

=======================

Streaming 4 flashes Charging current is reduced due to high temperature detected in the wall plug. Make sure the power outlet is suitable for charging and that the plug is seated correctly. Consider connecting to a different outlet. If uncertain, ask your electrician.
=======================

EDIT... since the other post was likely removed by moderators I am editing this one while I can.

The above document has information about the mobile connector. If the part I copied doesnt work, the rest of the error codes are in there
This will help someone in the future.

Yup,i ask a question, someone comes with a snarky reply and my response is the one censored. Go figure.
If everyone who asked a question was told to go look it up,it only takes a minute,then we wouldn't need forums. But then again where would we get our answers from? Ohhh,thats right,from previously asked questions.

Again funny since I answered the question both times, by searching.......

shrug

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H