Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector Return

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my 18ft gen 3 wall connector. I wanted the 8.5 ft one, but it was out of stock (back in stock now). I would like to return the 18 ft one and buy the 8.5 ft one, but it is unclear if I will be charged a 15% restocking fee. I have emailed support twice with no response. I was wondering if anyone has returned unopened/unused items and whether they were charged a restocking fee. Thanks.

No restocking fees, at least a while back.

But why do you want to swap the 18 for an 8.5 ? Just leave a two loops of cable around the charger and you'll have an 8.5' cable to use.
Thank you for the reply. My wall connecter will be right next to the power lid. I worry it would be cluttered and cumbersome to have all that unused cord. Kinda like a garden hose on a reel.

Thank you for the reply. My wall connecter will be right next to the power lid. I worry it would be cluttered and cumbersome to have all that unused cord. Kinda like a garden hose on a reel.
I get where you're coming from, but it really should only be two loops(2.5' down and up, twice will take up 10 feet). I'd rather have the flexibility. Additionally, the Gen3 cord is somewhat lower diameter than Gen2 and will likely hang more limply as a result. Its not quite as narrow as the UMC cord, but its pretty close.

I’m in the same boat as you are bought the wrong wall connector cable is too long submitted a return package from FedEx and shipped it out today I’m hoping they will give me 100% refund I ordered the correct parts today and hopefully it will come in next week I was reading the FAQ and they many mentioned they may do a 15% restocking fee oh well we’ll see what happens.

i, grade they yes the shipping feel. In hawaii that wood have cost me $100ish

I just received my 18ft gen 3 wall connector. I wanted the 8.5 ft one, but it was out of stock (back in stock now). I would like to return the 18 ft one and buy the 8.5 ft one, but it is unclear if I will be charged a 15% restocking fee. I have emailed support twice with no response. I was wondering if anyone has returned unopened/unused items and whether they were charged a restocking fee. Thanks.
I just finished returning a set of unopened car mats. They gave me a full refund. Go to your purchase history, and then request a return. They'll send you a link to print a return label. Didn't cost anything to return it. My refund was credited a couple days after they received the mats.