Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall unit wifi question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My electrician just wrapped up installing the gen 3 wall unit but after he left, I realized he threw out all the paperwork and QuickStart guide. It sounds like I need this in order to connect the unit to WiFi. He can’t find the paperwork. Am I out of luck? It sounds like there’s a specific code that comes with each unit. Any thoughts?

The manual said
'A unique SSID Wi-Fi network name and WPA2 password for connecting to the Wall Connector are printed on a label at the rear of the main unit, as well as on the front cover of the Quickstart Guide included in the box.'

The only way you can find is to check the backside of the unit.

Awesome I didn’t even look right on the side! Did you scan it in somehow or just manually enter it all in?
I just manually entered it in. I don’t remember the exact IP address to join but I can get it if you need it. Also when you join the local network for the wall connector to configure your wall connector it’s a lot easier on a computer as opposed to a phone or tablet.

I apologize if I’m being an idiot here, but I see the ssid of teslawallconnector_XXXXXX
Is the TeslaWall Connector the name and the numbers that follow the password? It doesn’t seem to be long enough

Ok so the SSID is that, you have to connect to it within 5 mins. To get the connection info (username/password), I got it from the QR code on booklet or the device itself. Get an app that can scan QR codes and it will auto save that info in to your phone wifi area.

Once you have successfully connected to that SSID, go to 192.168.92.1 on your browser on your phone. In there you can finish setup and connect to your real wifi.